more BIG bass

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wind up merchant

I think he had an extremely valid point.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

S That isn't going to happen though because some people can't see past next week, never mind next year or the year after.

Steve, how do you educate these people and convince them to do otherwise, like i and your goodself and many other sensible such people that by returning a lot of your catch alive with care is the only way forward to conserve any such sport or future for the rsa?

I am afraid that these type of sea anglers (old school) will defend their rights ie, (catching and eating as much as they want) as vehemently as they would as if any measure to abolish the nhs was put forward, there is still only a handful of us rsa's that give a hoot realy you can tell that by the number that responded to the bass mls consultation and a lot of the posts on here, so what is the answer? i have plenty but not one that will not inpinge on these old school dont give a hoot sea anglers rights that is, cheers.................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Truth is there is a limited population that hang around the pier through the summer, between the commercial guys and the "anglers" that have pictures of 6 bass from about 8 to 12lbs dead on the pier deck, the population won't last long. Steve made the point about taking the schoolie to eat and putting back the breeding stock, eminently sensible. Personally I wish this thread had never appeared here as its bound to bring even more pressure on that dwindling population, we should have had the debate without the specifics.

Or appeared on WSF or in the EDP (INCLUDING THE SEA FISHING REPORTS SECTION! which this week was written by ......), or talk amongst the tourists and at the tackle shops. At least it's self regulating in that there can only be so many anglers on there at once. How many fishermen look in now anyway? Fact is most people who go there will get it wrong and catch nothing.

Edited by A Norfolk Boy

That place is doomed now anyway regardless of any others who may go there. Those that fish it regularly and take all they catch will see to that.

As for educating anglers, some people will only learn the hard way. Next year, or the year after, when these people fail to catch a decent size bass, the reality will dawn on them. Of course it will be too late then, another good mark will have been ruined. They will probably blame everything and everyone else for the lack of decent bass, but deep down they will know.

Last year I had that place ear marked for a trip this autumn in search of my first double figure bass, but having heard some of the goings on up there, I'd rather give it a wide berth.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

So there's some decent fish to be had on the Norfolk Coast.

Unfortunately my next weekend is prebooked but the diary does look as if there could be a few free days coming up.

Fish for the plate, n freezer, sounds very appetizing.

I was walking past my local supermarket’s fish stall and noticed some very likkle fish, no good to me; I’d put them back.

Ah well Norfolk Boy, I’ll soon be giving you a call, asking if you’d like to come and join us, too try and catch some decent size fish.

Now where did I put my Priest?

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

So there's some decent fish to be had on the Norfolk Coast.

Unfortunately my next weekend is prebooked but the diary does look as if there could be a few free days coming up.

Fish for the plate, n freezer, sounds very appetizing.

I was walking past my local supermarket’s fish stall and noticed some very likkle fish, no good to me; I’d put them back.

Ah well Norfolk Boy, I’ll soon be giving you a call, asking if you’d like to come and join us, too try and catch some decent size fish.

Now where did I put my Priest?

Was you born stupid John, or did you have lessons?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Stavey said "..how do you educate these people and convince them to do otherwise.."?

I'm lead to believe that the majority of the big bass caught and kept on the pier end up being sold to local pubs and hotels. I'm not sure how you would "educate" people who may be unemployed and skint into returning these fish. I'm not going to pass judgement on them, tho' I wouild like to see the majority of these fish returned.