more BIG bass

That place is doomed now anyway regardless of any others who may go there. Those that fish it regularly and take all they catch will see to that.

As for educating anglers, some people will only learn the hard way. Next year, or the year after, when these people fail to catch a decent size bass, the reality will dawn on them. Of course it will be too late then, another good mark will have been ruined. They will probably blame everything and everyone else for the lack of decent bass, but deep down they will know.

Last year I had that place ear marked for a trip this autumn in search of my first double figure bass, but having heard some of the goings on up there, I'd rather give it a wide berth.

I agree 100% Steve regarding your comments on education, but I think the realistic truth is some people don't want to be educated, they are blinkered and short sighted in respect to the outcome in years to come, and by then these selffish idiots will have not only spoilt it for themselves but also the 'real' anglers who have tried for years to sustain the fishing.

Its a bloody shame :(

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve. Cromer is as near to the coast as it gets for me in Norwich, and the only time you'll see me on the pier is with a bag of chips having a stroll with the family. Its shoulder to shoulder, rods secured to the railing with bungy straps, 80lb line straight thro, rubbish on the decks etc etc.

For my part, I'd rather be on a beach somewhere out of the way without the hassle. Much as I would love to catch a double figure bass, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle involved in fishing the pier.

Steve. Cromer is as near to the coast as it gets for me in Norwich, and the only time you'll see me on the pier is with a bag of chips having a stroll with the family. Its shoulder to shoulder, rods secured to the railing with bungy straps, 80lb line straight thro, rubbish on the decks etc etc.

For my part, I'd rather be on a beach somewhere out of the way without the hassle. Much as I would love to catch a double figure bass, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle involved in fishing the pier.

That is so true Kagger. There is fishing, and there's fishing. The quality of how you do things is as important as the quality of what you catch. If I did go there and catch my first double, it would be as if it didn't count, if you know what I mean. I want my first double to be special, (sounds like losing your virginity doesn't it? :huh: ), and standing on a rubbish strewn pier alongside wall to wall muppets isn't my idea of quality fishing befitting the catching of double figure bass.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

...There is fishing, and there's fishing. The quality of how you do things is as important as the quality of what you catch. If I did go there and catch my first double, it would be as if it didn't count, if you know what I mean. I want my first double to be special, (sounds like losing your virginity doesn't it? :huh: ), and standing on a rubbish strewn pier alongside wall to wall muppets isn't my idea of quality fishing befitting the catching of double figure bass.

That is EXACTLY how me and the lads I fish with feel about it....

Stavey said "..how do you educate these people and convince them to do otherwise.."?

I'm lead to believe that the majority of the big bass caught and kept on the pier end up being sold to local pubs and hotels. I'm not sure how you would "educate" people who may be unemployed and skint into returning these fish. I'm not going to pass judgement on them, tho' I wouild like to see the majority of these fish returned.

I thought as much kagger but did not want to say, may be if they were fined for selling their catch (if they was to get caught that is) that might stop them? but are we getting in to the rights thing again? i dont know, as for being unemployed there realy is no excuse for this today what with the working tax credit scheme and there are plenty of opportunities to work on a minimum wage and to get topped up etc, in any of this nations area's, i should imagine that those that do as you say fish their for cash are either lazy dole fiddlers or illegal imigrants either way they can be regarded as no more than parasites on the back of all of us tax payers and our society, cheers..........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Sounds like some likkle Cots have been rattled. :2:

Steve Coppolo chose the words "Was you born stupid John, or did you have lessons?"

Now if that's not incitement to bring another Anglers Net Member to draw his sword, I don’t know what is.

freshbass.gif

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Sounds like some likkle Cots have been rattled. :2:

Steve Coppolo chose the words "Was you born stupid John, or did you have lessons?"

Now if that's not incitement to bring another Anglers Net Member to draw his sword, I don’t know what is.

freshbass.gif

Thanks for answering the question John. :thumbs:

You've obviously honed your natural stupidity with a few lessons, just for good measure. :lol::lol:

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.