Dogfish Dinner

fish4ever

I return most of my fish as many people on here have also said they do. Where I fish there seems to be no end of doggies though, so I take the odd one for my cat's. A couple of times I have considered cooking one up for myself has anyone tried it themself? If you have a good recipe let us know cheers. Please no conservation on this one as although it is also a concern to me it would be nice to have one post without it :rolleyes: .

post-10470-1160604382_thumb.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I return most of my fish as many people on here have also said they do. Where I fish there seems to be no end of doggies though, so I take the odd one for my cat's. A couple of times I have considered cooking one up for myself has anyone tried it themself? If you have a good recipe let us know cheers. Please no conservation on this one as although it is also a concern to me it would be nice to have one post without it :rolleyes: .

:clap2: There's loads of ways to cook huss, dutch eel, rock salmon, call it what you like, it's about £3 a pound round here so it's not cheap. Slice into thin pieces, like cucumber and coat in seasoned flour then deep or shallow fry until brown, or to use in fish pie or fish cakes cook in micro wave until the flesh comes off the 1 bone or gristle, then mix with mashed potatoes, you can add some mackerel, salmon or smoked haddock for effect, it's all a matter of taste. It is delicious and I know lots of anglers who target a few doggies to take home to eat, in fact one guy I fish with would take all the doggies caught if you'd let him. :clap2:

Edited by Norm B

Love that picture, your cat's don't look too convinced about their dinner !!! :)

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Bring a pan of water to the boil, add 2 x 9inch nails and your dogfish. Boil for 5 minutes, throw the fish away and eat the nails. Seriously mate if your cats like the odd one fair enough but personally I'd go to the chippy and get a cod or better a haddock.

It is a great delicacy in Cadiz Andalucia, Ive tried it and it is excellent try the following recipe:

Cazon en Adobo

750g dogfish, cut into 4 cm cubes

3 tablespoons olive oil

5 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1 tablespoon water

garlic finely minced

paprika

oregano

flour for dusting

oil for frying

Place the cubed fish into a non metalic bowl. Mix together the oil, vinegar, water, garlic, paprika, oregano and a little salt and pepper, and pour over the fish. Mix well to coat and leave in the fridge overnight (minimum 6 hours) to marinate. When ready to cook, drain well, coat with flour and fry in batches until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper to blot excess oil and serve hot. Makes approximately 45 pieces.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Is that the same area they eat 2" long sole and basically anything else that swims ? I had a seafood plata at Mojaca last year, it had bullheads, mini sole and baby octopus etc. Notice they add strong tasting ingredients like garlic, paprika, other herbs n spices, I wonder why ???????