How Do I Find RagWorm Any Tips?

urwin_111

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Locate them ..... ask other anglers or your local shop or tour likely areas of mud/shale at LW. Be careful when wading through soft mud. Look for masses of small, round holes which tend to produce water when you tread near them.

2. You'll need a flat-tined potato fork .....

try B&Q or similar. In the Portsmouth area, they are found at Day's hardware.

3. Remember the bait-diggers code of conduct.

4. Keep them in the bottom of a fridge in sea peat (if you can get it). I tend to use trays of newspaper and a couple of handfuls of pea-grit from my local beach.

Good luck ......

In my experience the really *big* ragworms come from areas of shingle rather than mud and live right at the bottom of the beach - you can rely on finding them at really low tides. There's an area three miles from my house where you can sometines get 2 - 4 big ones in every forkfull. I go out at really low tides and dig like mad for half an hour, then go higher up the beach and out onto the mud to dig lugworms as the tide comes in. Might be different in other areas.