taking a dunk

jonsok1

following on from the most usefull tips and advice my wife has just started to take the RYA level 2 power boat course, and we have now received a booklet from the RNLI, titled "Sea Safety the complete guide" It includes a cd with all the information and games and practice on every stage from navigation to first aid. A must for all. seen a lot but can now say the RNLI have now done the dogs cahonas. Every one get one. Have been going through the Cardinal Marks for a revise and its good.

Well done RNLI for releasing such a great cd and pacage.

Just received an email today to say they're no longer available

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received an email today to say they're no longer available

Are you sure you read the E-mail correctly Kev----it certainly had me fooled for a sec :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

schoolboy error that kev :rolleyes:

I must check my facts more carefully before making foolish comments on the forum

I must check my facts more carefully before making foolish comments on the forum

where's the other 76 then? :P

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

BTW - Neupreen waders are great for winter Kyaking - dont bellive all the crap you get fed about drownings etc, etc - if you dont bellieve me - jump into a pool and test it for yourself.............................

Well, I must confess,I thought a re-entry with chesties would be difficult, if not impossible. That was until today.

After fishing all afternoon we returned to the shore. My brother went up to the car while I was cleaning my fish in the harbour entrance. He returned wearing a pair of neoprene chest waders, "Lets try out the re-entry drill then " he said.

Not to miss out on a laugh I agreed and got ready for a rescue drill, just incase things went wrong. I thought he would struggle to get back in after a capsise, but no, I had to eat my hat!! :wallbash: Six times he capsized and slipped back into the Yak with the greatest of ease. At one point he rolled over in the water to tried and force air into the feet on the waders.

He actually found the neoprene very bouyant and gave additional support in the water. He swam 30yds across the harbour towing the Kayak behind, no problems here either.

I took a small clip of one re-entry drill, the quallity is crap but it gives you an idea.

th_chestietest.jpg

Edited by Neil

Well, I must confess,I thought a re-entry with chesties would be difficult, if not impossible. That was until today.

After fishing all afternoon we returned to the shore. My brother went up to the car while I was cleaning my fish in the harbour entrance. He returned wearing a pair of neoprene chest waders, "Lets try out the re-entry drill then " he said.

Not to miss out on a laugh I agreed and got ready for a rescue drill, just incase things went wrong. I thought he would struggle to get back in after a capsise, but no, I had to eat my hat!! :wallbash: Six times he capsized and slipped back into the Yak with the greatest of ease. At one point he rolled over in the water to tried and force air into the feet on the waders.

He actually found the neoprene very bouyant and gave additional support in the water. He swam 30yds across the harbour towing the Kayak behind, no problems here either.

I took a small clip of one re-entry drill, the quallity is crap but it gives you an idea.

th_chestietest.jpg

thanks neil, i think that will put an end to the stupid "killer waders" myth