taking a dunk

jonsok1

Hi Neil

Nice reentry. Were the waders flooded?

As well as dispelling the wader myth, the clip also demonstrates how to rentry on a Scupper Pro.

The waders were as full as they could have been. He had been in the water for 15 mins before I took that clip.

You can see the water running down the legs as he is doing the river dance, upside down... :lol:

Neil.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a great conclusion to this thread. The Scupper Pro is not the easiest kayak to renter and with flooded waders I would have thought that would have been very difficult - turns out this was not the case.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Excellent test....did your brother have a wading belt on ?

As a fly fisher for many years, the one thing you must wear when in waders is a wading belt, it can slow the amount of water that enters them when you go under ....seen quite a few people stumble while wading, and a couple that have gone under while wading deep. The wearing of a wading belt stops the sudden rush of water into them, you still get wet though.

On some of the US sites they recomend waders for Kayaking , both neo and breathable, if used with two belts and a good dry top.

Dave :)

Excellent test....did your brother have a wading belt on ?

As a fly fisher for many years, the one thing you must wear when in waders is a wading belt, it can slow the amount of water that enters them when you go under ....seen quite a few people stumble while wading, and a couple that have gone under while wading deep. The wearing of a wading belt stops the sudden rush of water into them, you still get wet though.

On some of the US sites they recomend waders for Kayaking , both neo and breathable, if used with two belts and a good dry top.

Dave :)

Dave do we need anothe rwarning such as neil posted, how many farts does it take to give more bouyancy?

Dave do we need anothe rwarning such as neil posted, how many farts does it take to give more bouyancy?

Uh? Just giving my two penneth to the thread , and applauding Neils brother for having the balls to actually try it ....if thats allright with you.

Dave :huh: