PAC FURY OVER NUDD'S CALL FOR PIKE CULL

Elton

Bob remember I both Pike fish and Match fish (er amongst nigh on every thing else!) You are right no where near ALL matchmen will kill pike just because Nuddy (or anyone for that matter) says so.

But cant you see what Mark and Lucky Jim are getting at? Its the idiot minority that all branchs of angling has that will take this recent news article as justification for their own pike killing veiws.Others will also jump on (for them a new) band wagon.Just as the idiot "want to be carp experts" through bream up the bank to (in their eyes) look good and "ultracult" so will the "want to be match experts" Its the guys who cant do the buisness that adopt these strange attitudes in all areas of life!

Its not the minority of matchmen who dont read the NoW to get their angling tips that worries any of us its the plebs that do!

Bob you and Mark are saying very much the same thing,you just dont seem to be able to see it.

Ive never really seen to much anti anyone on here other than anti idiot no matter what they fish for!

Sterotyping exists simply though because its true! As much as the only people breaking livebait moving rules will be pike anglers the only people throwing pike up the bank will be non pikers!

Regardless of preference "proper" anglers must unite and be anti the idiots before their stupidity spoils our fishing or even more important allows the anti all anglers to get us!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary LJ I do not feel backed into a corner at all, I have every confidence that my fellow match men will not suddenly become raving Pike murderers because of a small article in a Sunday rag, as for apologies perhaps some of the posters on this thread could start the ball rolling and rescind their ridiculous claims to the contrary, this whole "debate" is now bordering on the farcical fueled by anglers with a hidden agenda against match anglers, as for the inexperienced angler picking up and acting on the alleged words of Bob Nudd....how can they even know who he is?

This whole sorry episode has been blown up out of all proportion by experienced anglers that really should know better.

on the contrary bob, i have absolutely no problem with matches at all, in fact (yes that word again!) i used to fish quite a few when i was a kid, but they just were not for me, i like to move around a bit when i am fishing and prefer to catch big fish, i get rid of my competitive urges through other sports such as football.

i also tend to agree that it wont lead to a huge pike culling, because i just dont think that attitude is prevelant any more in my rea at least.

however what it has done is drive a wedge through angling again, when we dont need it. it was stupid and crass in the extreme to write what was written, whoever wrote it, and after all lets not forget that stan piecha certainly used to be an angler, if he still isnt, so he should have known better too.

the thing is bob, if bob nudd just came out and declared himself that what he said was misrepresentative and he apologised, it would go some way to killing the outcry, but he hasnt. why hasnt he?

finally bob, if it comes down to any anti anyt branch of the sport i could quite happily think that you had the same predjudices against pike anglers after you fanned the flames of the pike anglers netting waters for deadbaits, and the holyhead incident, could i not?

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

You could do Mark although once again you would be wrong, once again it is your opinion and not fact.

I am not anti pike or pike anglers but I have refused to supply live bait to pikers asking for them on more than one occasion, I also refuse to stay silent when fish are nicked ( I know how it was done, but do not know who did it) for dead-baits, I also openly condemn the Holyhead incident, the fact that he is the leading Pike angler in the Country is irrelevant....if it had been a match angler I would have condemned it...right is right and wrong is wrong.

Bob Nudd has done nothing illegal regarding his alleged words in the N.O.T.W the two cases you have chosen to highlight most definitely were illegal, you need to get things into perspective Mark.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

You could do Mark although once again you would be wrong, once again it is your opinion and not fact.

I am not anti pike or pike anglers but I have refused to supply live bait to pikers asking for them on more than one occasion, I also refuse to stay silent when fish are nicked ( I know how it was done, but do not know who did it) for dead-baits, I also openly condemn the Holyhead incident, the fact that he is the leading Pike angler in the Country is irrelevant....if it had been a match angler I would have condemned it...right is right and wrong is wrong.

Bob Nudd has done nothing illegal regarding his alleged words in the N.O.T.W the two cases you have chosen to highlight most definitely were illegal, you need to get things into perspective Mark.

bob as you still persist in saying that those fish that were supposedly taken were for dead baits, perhaps you would be prepared to offer your proof on that matter?

or is that just your opinion/ predjudice?

Mark Barrett

No, I decline the offer on here Mark and I do not think you will get your pound of flesh from Bob Nudd either....looks like two dropped takes in one night mate .

If it is true what bob nudd has said do you condemn it..as he is one of the leading match angler's in the country.And it was bob nudd who has blown it out of all proportion for losing a few fish from one swim

and surely we predator angler's have the right to air our condemnation of his comments.also.it's the perspective is what separates match anglers and pike anglers.if you had a pike in your swim and were losing fish to it and a near by pike angler came past would you ask him to try and catch and remove it....or would you say nothing!

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

Hi Bob,

I spent quite a lot of time researching the deadbait trade after the allegations that fish were being illegally-netted from Broads boatyards resurfaced this spring.

The upshot of this was a PAC kitemark which bait suppliers could use to assure customers their baits come from legal and sustainable sources.

You'll probably have noted that despite claims "an estimated six million silver fish species are being plundered annually", river anglers appear to be enjoying record sport this autumn.

I fail to see how one squares with the other - particularly when the country's three biggest bait firms, which have all signed up to scheme get through a fraction of this amount of frozen coarse fish a season, because they are nowhere near as popular as sea deads.

I don't dispute fish are being illegally netted. What I do dispute is that they are being taken illegally for the bait trade, having researched the subject in some detail.

I'm more than happy to meet up with you to discuss this as I'm only up the road from you.

Kind Regards,

Chris Bishop

PAC press officer

No, I decline the offer on here Mark and I do not think you will get your pound of flesh from Bob Nudd either....looks like two dropped takes in one night mate .

not at all bob, i think the result has been in showing YOU up as the predjudiced one.

Mark Barrett

Smudger, of course Pike anglers are entitled to voice their opinions...where have I stated to the contrary?

In a match situation I would be disqualified if I allowed another angler to fish my peg mate.

Chris , I would be delighted to meet you for a pint and discuss what I know, we both may learn something, I will PM you my mobile number when I return from work,regards Bob.

Mark, You are wrong mate, but if it makes you feel better think what you like, I listened to you on Keith's radio show last week and you came across as a sensible,reasonable sort of bloke and were no-where near so opinionated then.