Licenses, Bag Limits, MPAs, SFCs

Guest challenge

I believe that 50% of today’s casual anglers would stop fishing all together 10% of today’s anglers would stop fishing out of principle and 70% of tomorrows anglers would not take up the sport because (like golf and tennis and many other sports) they would see it as an expensive regulated sport for the better off.

Me personally, well define fishing rod? :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the introduction of a sea angling rod license, a European idea, a DEFRA idea or an SACN idea?

I believe that 50% of today’s casual anglers would stop fishing all together 10% of today’s anglers would stop fishing out of principle and 70% of tomorrows anglers would not take up the sport

And the VAT that would be lost is what Gordon Brown should have his attention drawn to!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

OOOOOHH WHATS THE POINT IN BOTHERING?

The powers that be will decide what happens not you / me

Where is all this debate going ?

Do you really think you are going to change any of it??

Watched one of my favourite films last night and when it got to a particular sketch i thought of this forum (well the conservation issues)

The film was Pythons Life of Brian and the sketch was "The judean peoples front" one.

All they ever do is talk talk talk, but when asked if they will ever DO anything ......silence!!!!!!!!

A classic! :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

OOOOOHH WHATS THE POINT IN BOTHERING?

The powers that be will decide what happens not you / me

Where is all this debate going ?

Do you really think you are going to change any of it??

Watched one of my favourite films last night and when it got to a particular sketch i thought of this forum (well the conservation issues)

The film was Pythons Life of Brian and the sketch was "The judean peoples front" one.

All they ever do is talk talk talk, but when asked if they will ever DO anything ......silence!!!!!!!!

A classic! :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Have you ever tried making a difference? :rolleyes:

I have and I got an excellent result for a disabled friend of mine, sent letter to No. 10 got a reply from them followed up by one from Welsh Assemby and Sid was admitted to hospital within two weeks of the letter.

That's one idiot like me, what could 1,000,000 idiots do if they tried ? :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I have and I got an excellent result for a disabled friend of mine, sent letter to No. 10 got a reply from them followed up by one from Welsh Assemby and Sid was admitted to hospital within two weeks of the letter.

That's one idiot like me, what could 1,000,000 idiots do if they tried ? :rolleyes:

:clap::clap::clap:

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

For anyone doubting the ability to make a difference even when the odds are stacked against you speak to The Docter. Some how they managed to persuade the NESFC to introduce a byelaw to protect tope from commercial exploitation. The first and I think possibly the only area where this has happened. Now if they can do that who knows what we are capable of.

Edited by glennk

Think Mr Sony Erickson's post sums up his position :rolleyes:

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

In a nutshell - RSA refused to even discuss bag limits on the grounds that MAFF were clearly the sponsors of commercial fishing (their words) and that this was an attempt to control sea angling by limiting angler catches, which were seen to be threatening the livelihoods of the commercial sector.

From this, I would suggest that licences and bag limits have been on the cards for some 8 years now and without some kind of representation (elected or unelected) to oppose these measures, we may have had them forced upon us a long time ago.

WRT a change of direction - some would argue that we have opened a pandora's box of anti-angling legislation, but as someone who has been involved as an elected representive of BASS for 12 years, I can honestly say that it was coming anyway.

Hi Steve

It seems that attitudes towards these measures have softened over the last few years, what a shame that is. From what I've seen, heard and read over the last 4 years or so, those things have been offered up in the hope that we may get something worthwhile in exchange, rather than defended until we actually got something.

I agree we need some form of representation and have outlined my views on what shape I think it should take. I concede that these things would have come to us one day regardless, but I just wonder how much we could have got in return had the attitude displayed at that MAFF meeting in 2000 prevailed.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.