Kaskazi 'Super Yaks' On Their Way To The UK

SpeciMan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sea Doo Dave- maybe catch up with you when you are over here visiting Prowler- will also remember the SBS thing when deciding how much friendly flak to give you in the car park first!

Somerset- dont worry about those kayaks- you will never get to use them cause Customs will probably stick a VRD charge on them, pricing them out of the water!

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Dont worry Grant, my regimental motto was "who cares who wins" :lol::lol::lol:

Would be great to meet up mate :)

All the best

SDD~~~~~ :sun: Dave

Well I am moving house next weekend, so will be a lot closer to Prowlers usual haunt, as well as enjoying spending more time on the North Coast generally (there is some great mountain biking up there as well).

I you are over after next weekend no doubt we can catch up.

The webbed feet might be just what you need to keep you warm!

B.A.S.S. member

Well I am moving house next weekend, so will be a lot closer to Prowlers usual haunt, as well as enjoying spending more time on the North Coast generally (there is some great mountain biking up there as well).

I you are over after next weekend no doubt we can catch up.

The webbed feet might be just what you need to keep you warm!

Hi Grant, yep over on thursday next week just for a few days (birthday treat from the misses!) Mainly to meet up with Prowler and catch up on Island gossip ha ha :lol: Would be great to meet up (no yak with me this time though, couldn't get it in the hand luggage :( ) but would be great to say hello to another bean (great folk you lot) will be planning and drooling for next trip in June with yak in tow yeahhh :yeah: and plan to hit Greve with Mark and hopefully catch a Bass this time :)

I also like to launch from St Aubins bay harbour and paddle around the fort (beautiful!) Mark really enjoys getting up at 3:30am to tag along :sneaky2::crazy: ha ha

Does Mark have your number? If not, let me know and I will PM you with my mobile number!

All the best

Seadoodavid~~~~~~ :sun: (Dave)

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Hey Darnsarf :)

Was out today in my local estuary, MULLET EVERYWHERE!!!! It was a lovely flat calm day, although out to sea was a bit scruffy. The estuary is well proctected from the elements, there are large dunes in the way and the estuary meanders around the back of them so VERY sheltered. I always see mullet here, literally hundreds of them!. They feed right along the shoreline in just a few inches of water and some of them are HUGE!

They seem to appear about an hour before and after high tide and as today was a neap, you could see them clearly in the shallow water. Tried to photograph them, but the sods zoom off just as you get to within a foot of them!. I have waded before though and they swim right beside you, you could literally grab em!.

So, I thought I would have a go at trying to catch one! I have spun for them before and they are NOT interested! I plan to use my spinning rod and fixed spool reel with bread as bait. I have read Leon Roskilly's web page about them but I am unsure how to properly prepare the bread? Any ideas? Also what rig do you reckon is best? I read that a guy uses triple maggott because they are used to them because of the seaweed fly maggotts, and I know that they have them here because I have seen them drop off the weed! like regular maggotts only smaller! (god the misses would have a field day with that comment ha ha).

I would like to use a float but they seem to be most prolific in really shallow (just a few inches) and it can vary from very clear to murky!

What do you reckon mate, any tips? :)

Cheers DS

Seadoo~~~~~ :sun:

post-6361-1162157335_thumb.jpg

post-6361-1162157369_thumb.jpg

Hi Grant, yep over on thursday next week just for a few days (birthday treat from the misses!) Mainly to meet up with Prowler and catch up on Island gossip ha ha :lol: Would be great to meet up (no yak with me this time though, couldn't get it in the hand luggage :( ) but would be great to say hello to another bean (great folk you lot) will be planning and drooling for next trip in June with yak in tow yeahhh :yeah: and plan to hit Greve with Mark and hopefully catch a Bass this time :)

I also like to launch from St Aubins bay harbour and paddle around the fort (beautiful!) Mark really enjoys getting up at 3:30am to tag along :sneaky2::crazy: ha ha

Does Mark have your number? If not, let me know and I will PM you with my mobile number!

All the best

Seadoodavid~~~~~~ :sun: (Dave)

Glug Glug Glug , surface das boot .

Wey hey shipmates, we should all meet up for a pint and a natter.

Grant if you want to pm me your mobile number and well try n sort something if you up for it.

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

Hey Darnsarf :)

Was out today in my local estuary, MULLET EVERYWHERE!!!! It was a lovely flat calm day, although out to sea was a bit scruffy. The estuary is well proctected from the elements, there are large dunes in the way and the estuary meanders around the back of them so VERY sheltered. I always see mullet here, literally hundreds of them!. They feed right along the shoreline in just a few inches of water and some of them are HUGE!

They seem to appear about an hour before and after high tide and as today was a neap, you could see them clearly in the shallow water. Tried to photograph them, but the sods zoom off just as you get to within a foot of them!. I have waded before though and they swim right beside you, you could literally grab em!.

So, I thought I would have a go at trying to catch one! I have spun for them before and they are NOT interested! I plan to use my spinning rod and fixed spool reel with bread as bait. I have read Leon Roskilly's web page about them but I am unsure how to properly prepare the bread? Any ideas? Also what rig do you reckon is best? I read that a guy uses triple maggott because they are used to them because of the seaweed fly maggotts, and I know that they have them here because I have seen them drop off the weed! like regular maggotts only smaller! (god the misses would have a field day with that comment ha ha).

I would like to use a float but they seem to be most prolific in really shallow (just a few inches) and it can vary from very clear to murky!

What do you reckon mate, any tips? :)

Cheers DS

Seadoo~~~~~ :sun:

Try a small spinner baited with harbour rag.

Try a small spinner baited with harbour rag.

Cheers Mike will give that a shot :)

Hey the Prowler has up periscoped :lol: whooop whooop Not long now yeaaaahhhhh :lol: Time to adjust my timepiece to jersey 3:30 am time :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Be great to meet up with Grant! Havn't got my Scupper to see if he floats or sinks though (could become a ritual that :lol::roll1::lol: )

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

SDD Might be a bit late for the maggots but may be worth using a ledgered float (as small as poss) with maggots on a size 10. Or as said above try a really small spinner with some chopped rag.

What I have found this year is that I have always been a week behind their feeding pattern. Saw them cruising the weed for maggots but I had bread, turned up next week with maggots they had moved on to something else :crazy:

These are the truly wild bug...s so there is no easy bread dangled over the marina wall tactics.

Good Luck. Suggest pre booking a course with a good shrink.................just in case :thumbs:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)