Flounder Bash.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Sounds interesting.

I cant make Saurday as I have to do a 24hr from fri evening to sat evening, but could make Sunday if I can get a pass from the F.P.O. and enough sleep on sat night.

Will test the waters with the boss today.

GB

P.S Tom and Stu, will drop your anchors of this afternoon on my way to work.

Cheers GB :thumbs:

Tom

Kayaks:

Scupper Pro TW (yellow)

Prowler 13 angler (green)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately GB cannot attend this weekend :cry:

Thanks very much for the anchors mate :thumbs:

Hopefully we should have a good weekend and catch some fat flatties and a few other species too :thumbs:

What are the up to date plans and who is attending?

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Have you actually got some flounders this year then Bill?

Last year the Westcountry estuaries were virtually devoid of flatties - right the way down, the Teign, Exe, Dart, Yealm and Tamar suffered very badly. the only river that produced consistently was the Salcomb estuary.

I think the Cornish rivers aren't too bad - Fowey has always been a good river for them and the Camel which doesn't get much mention because it is a summer holiday venue.

Be good to hear the Lympstone flats are populated again.

Give my regards to the Withycombe RFC for me please Bill.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Have you actually got some flounders this year then Bill?

Last year the Westcountry estuaries were virtually devoid of flatties - right the way down, the Teign, Exe, Dart, Yealm and Tamar suffered very badly. the only river that produced consistently was the Salcomb estuary.

I think the Cornish rivers aren't too bad - Fowey has always been a good river for them and the Camel which doesn't get much mention because it is a summer holiday venue.

Be good to hear the Lympstone flats are populated again.

Give my regards to the Withycombe RFC for me please Bill.

Hiya Simon.

The truth is , I dont know. :unsure:

As you rightly say, the Flounder have been very thin on the ground for the past 4 years in the Exe and the Tiegn.

We fished the Flounder Festival on the Tiegn for a good few years now, and the past 4 have been extreemly poor.

There has been all kinds of talk about the rivers being netted, and the Flounder used for pot bait.

Also that the trawlers have been hitting the spawning grounds , agian using the catch for pot bait.

However I dont know if ANY of this talk to has any Truth to it.

IF it were true, then its a very sad state of affairs, because both rivers are now practicaly devoid of Flounder.

We fully intend to fish it again this year, in the vain hope of catching a couple.......mind you ONE would be nice. :D

If the weathers kind the weekend itll be nice to see some showing......dont want the Welsh lot bleating that they kicked our a$$es :D

As for the Cornish rivers, I have no knowlage of fishing them at all.

Tried to enter the Kayaks three years ago in the boat section of the Tiegn Fest.

Sadly we were refused because of the organisers safty rules.

With boats on the river and fisherman on the banks, both sides, a lead strike could occur, and being on your own on the Kayak, if you were hit youd have no help close to hand.

So fully understand and repect the rules and thier decision with regards to our not entering.

Even asked if we could wear helmets :D .

Although with a 5oz lead loose, I dont think Id like it much......helmet or no helmet.

Had a snap off at a tournament once, 5oz lead burried itself in a tree, witnessed by our local tackle shop owner who was also there at the time.

So I know the possible damage a stray lead could do.

Bill.

Sorry Bill Can't make this weekend but I am very interested in a Flounder Bash.

Like yourself I have supported the Tienmouth festival for many years boat and shore.

You have saved me the hassle about entering the yak's, shame really never mind

let me know if you fish the festival this year i will keep an eye out for ya : )

Edited by yakerbass
anglersnetsig.jpg

Hiya Rob.

Sorry you cant make this weekend.

Perhaps we can make it another day when you are free, say the word.

We will be at the fest again this year all things being well.

Will chat nearer the time Rob :thumbs: ......actualy, it shouldnt be too long now before the entries start arriving on the matt.

Have you got a good contact for Peeler ?

Bill.

I think it is at Southampton Uni where they are doing some research into flounders - need live fish if they can get them - also double sided ones.

They are looking into the possibility that nitrates are making the males sterile.....so don't go drining too much water now will you!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hiya Rob.

Sorry you cant make this weekend.

Perhaps we can make it another day when you are free, say the word.

We will be at the fest again this year all things being well.

Will chat nearer the time Rob :thumbs: ......actualy, it shouldnt be too long now before the entries start arriving on the matt.

Have you got a good contact for Peeler ?

Bill.

Arrrrrr the mad Flounder fest peeler rush !!!!! I normally do ok but some years have been a bit of a close call, I will have to reserve some with a couple of mates that have pots out :)

anglersnetsig.jpg