New lomo Tornado Mk11 drysuit

kayakkarma

Has anyone any experience of the recently developed drysuit from Lomo (Tornado Mk11)? It seems to be very high quality at a low price of £175. I especially like the breathable neck collar. In saying all this I still favour the Typhoon racer with free underfleece from Wetsuit outlet because Typhoon are obviously a recognised manufacturer of drysuits but I cant help but be curious about the lomo drysuit.

Mr T

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone any experience of the recently developed drysuit from Lomo (Tornado Mk11)? It seems to be very high quality at a low price of £175. I especially like the breathable neck collar. In saying all this I still favour the Typhoon racer with free underfleece from Wetsuit outlet because Typhoon are obviously a recognised manufacturer of drysuits but I cant help but be curious about the lomo drysuit.

Mr T

link? Nothing came up when I googled it.

here http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/Drysuits-Surface.html

I did have a look at that suit, but as I didn't know the name Lomo and I had used Typhoon and Crewsaver clothes in the past I went with that, maybe I was wrong.

In the end I went for a Crewsaver Hyperdry drysuit fully breathable, with neoprene neck & wrist seals RRP was £330 on sale for £265 with free undersuit also from the wetsuit outlet.

It is very warm, but not sweaty and easy to get on.....if you get the right size !!!

I sent for a large one tried it on and it was a tight fit, but once my head emerged out of the neck is was all right, now don't laugh I tried to get out of it and got stuck I pulled, pushed tugged, with no avail, so I tried again this time I got my face stuck in the neck tube and I couldn't breathe in shear panic I pulled it off and I was free, but I had cricked my neck and for the next few days it was very painful, I sent that one back and order an extra large fits perfectly I'm just glad I tried it at home and not in a carpark full of people !!!

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I did have a look at that suit, but as I didn't know the name Lomo and I had used Typhoon and Crewsaver clothes in the past I went with that, maybe I was wrong.

In the end I went for a Crewsaver Hyperdry drysuit fully breathable, with neoprene neck & wrist seals RRP was £330 on sale for £265 with free undersuit also from the wetsuit outlet.

It is very warm, but not sweaty and easy to get on.....if you get the right size !!!

I sent for a large one tried it on and it was a tight fit, but once my head emerged out of the neck is was all right, now don't laugh I tried to get out of it and got stuck I pulled, pushed tugged, with no avail, so I tried again this time I got my face stuck in the neck tube and I couldn't breathe in shear panic I pulled it off and I was free, but I had cricked my neck and for the next few days it was very painful, I sent that one back and order an extra large fits perfectly I'm just glad I tried it at home and not in a carpark full of people !!!

Got the same one myself, it is tad tight getting in and out round the head! seems to have loosened a bit but maybe I'm just getting used to it. Was going to get the Gul infra but then decided I wanted integral boots: Typhoon Racer, then decided I ought to get neo seals, liked the idea of the collar to keep the wind off my neck and finally as was only going to spend the money once, ended up with the Hyperdry.

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: Sorry (sounds exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me)

Yep I have the same one it is a tad tight and there is definately a knack to getting it on.

You put your right arm in

Your head through the spout

Followed by the left, zip up so nowt gets out

You do the dodgy crouch to get rid of air

and the reverse to get back out.

OHH..the dry suit pokey

Ohh..the dry suit pokey etc

A verse 2 would be welcome.... :crazy:

You can laugh but I bet you will be singing it the next time you put it on :lol:

Edited by darnsarf

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Yep I have the same one it is a tad tight and there is definately a knack to getting it on.

You put your right arm in

Your head through the spout

Followed by the left, zip up so nowt gets out

You do the dodgy crouch to get rid of air

and the reverse to get back out.

OHH..the dry suit pokey

Ohh..the dry suit pokey etc

A verse 2 would be welcome.... :crazy:

You can laugh but I bet you will be singing it the next time you put it on :lol:

Jump in your boat,

Sit and fry in the Sun

Doing some fishing now, and there’s a Conger on

But the Drysuits got a grip

And its tight around your throat.

Should have bought a dry cag for going afloat

Chorus....

...and verse 3? :lol:

2006 Launches: 8

2006 Species: 5

2007 Species: 19

2007 Launches: 42

2008 Species: 21

2008 Launches: 51

2009 Species: 24

2009 Launches: 47

2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

I have just made my mind up to have a drysuit instead of chesties. Problem now is which one to choose.

The crewsaver hyperdry pro and the typhoon xts are both front entry. Question is will the zip be to restrictive as it goes over the shoulder, does anyone have a suit with this zip type and how do they find it??

I need a front entry as I fish alone and it needs to have neoprene neck and wrist seals as I cant wear the latex type.

Any ideas welcome.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I