New lomo Tornado Mk11 drysuit

kayakkarma

I think generally speaking a front entry suit should be easier to enter than a rear entry suit. Also as the front zip extends down to the waist area whilst sitting down you may be able to take a leak on the kayak through this zip.

I have a front entry suit its easy enough to get on. Just don't force the zipper, make sure its lined up before pulling it and put beeswax or zipper lube on its tracks. Regulary clean the zip to remove any grit and dirt which may have lodged in there and rinse with fresh water after use. Don't know if they do drysuits with neoprene wrists seals too.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Hyperdry too, and it was a easy to get on first time apart for the very small neck opening! My face went a nice blackcurrant colour whilst doing the zip up! But after trimming the latex little by little and trying it on each time... it is fine. I was worried about trimming the latex at first but its easy enough. I placed the seal inside out over a large glass flower pot that allowed me to stretch it to keep it in place for easier trimming with a sharp stanley.

Definately recommend the the Crewsaver. Getting in and out is just a knack. Really putting it through its paces tonight as it is going to be a bit nippy.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

O.K found this one from wetsuit outlet. Drysuit It is front entry, latex socks and neoprene neck and wrist seals BINGO just hope it fits.

I spoke to someone there and they informed me that I can order a suit and return if it's not the right fit.

Also found these Sports Boots

And these Gloves

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

just ordered that same suit GB :rolleyes:

Ordered the suit boots and gloves, with express delivery come to £259 not a bad price to keep me warm and dry. My dive boots are a bit soft for launching around the haven, I found them uncomfortable when trapsing over rocky ground and my storm gloves have worn through on the palm's from paddling (only 6 months old <_< ) so I thought I would treat myself seeing as it's my birthday soon :D

Edited by GB

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Ordered the suit boots and gloves, with express delivery come to £259 not a bad price to keep me warm and dry. My dive boots are a bit soft for launching around the haven, I found them uncomfortable when trapsing over rocky ground and my storm gloves have worn through on the palm's from paddling (only 6 months old <_< ) so I thought I would treat myself seeing as it's my birthday soon :D

Thats the same suit and boots as I bought 2 months ago.I am well impressed with mine.The boots are excellent.But make sure you order a size bigger than your feet are,to compensate for the Latex Boots on the suit.And for the socks you wear too

zzippy2.gif

Thats the same suit and boots as I bought 2 months ago.I am well impressed with mine.The boots are excellent.But make sure you order a size bigger than your feet are,to compensate for the Latex Boots on the suit.And for the socks you wear too

Looks like I will also be going for the Crewsaver. What are the relative merits of neo v. latex seals? I have latex wrist seals on my cag and they seem to work well. No allergy issues, as far as I can tell. Never tried a latex neck seal, so don't know how I feel about it.

I ordered 1 size up :thumbs: by the way is yours the front zip, if so how do you find it when paddling?

Looks like I will also be going for the Crewsaver. What are the relative merits of neo v. latex seals? I have latex wrist seals on my cag and they seem to work well. No allergy issues, as far as I can tell. Never tried a latex neck seal, so don't know how I feel about it.

I can wear latex ankle seals and wrist seals at a push but neck seal no way. I find if you trim them to get a comfortable fit they let water in. If you dont trim them enough you get pins and needles in your feet and hands.

Edited by GB

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

I have had the front zip crewsaver for a couple of months and haven't found any problems with the zip at all, seems to have been a wise purchase as it has kept me dry and warm so far(haven't been cold enough to have to wear the free adult babygrow that came with it yet however things are feeling a bit cooler now so that may change) and is easy enough to get in and out of and doesn't restrict movement at all,

as for footwear i wear five-ten canyoneers as these are comfortable to wear in and out of water and have no problem with crossing wet rocks for comfort or grip.

Edited by snakey1