Define lure fishing

Kappa

A water near me has a no lure fishing rule. That's fine.

However there is no "no artificial bait" rule.

So where does the limit between using artificial baits and lure fishing sit?

For example I can presumably drop shot using a real worm (essentially touch legering a paternost bait) but not an artificial one?

Thoughts?

Rich

Thoughts?

Rich

Seems a strange one - what's the reasoning - is this a game river or some-such? I guess if you don't like it fish somewhere else!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

No its a lake! I just fancy some fun with "lure fishing" and I don't want to break the rules, was interested if you guys thought it was breaking the spirit of the rules.

Dropshotting a tiny worm imitation is quite different to chucking a spinner around! I think dropshotting an actual worm would be just as good so there is always that option....

Rich depends on which type of bailiff you get and if you mention dropshot and lure in the same breath to them I would guess

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

The reasoning, I expect, is "None of that funny stuff what me and the lads don't do". That's the usual case, though I have also heard people justify it on the grounds that Eastern European anglers often use spinning tackle to catch fish for the table - because of course someone who intends nicking your fish to eat is going to own a copy of the club rules and take notice of them...

Managed to get it dropped when the rules on my local pond were reviewed - someone had a nice 3lb perch out on a spinner as a result!

I suppose the standard baliff's interpretation (which really is all that matters in the real world!) is the use of soft plastics of any kind, spoons, spinners, crankbaits, jerk baits.

So yes I would say that a lobworm on a dropshot rig is not lure fishing, and neither is a prawn on a jig head. But substitute them for a lure of the same size and then you're lure fishing.

I expect it's banned on some waters (especially small waters) is to prevent people casting rusty spinners all over the place and catching people's lines.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

From talking to managers/owners on commercials over 20+ years there seem to be one or both of the following objections:

1) lure fishing disturbs other customers

2) believe it or not lure fishing foul hooks carp!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I expect it's banned on some waters (especially small waters) is to prevent people casting rusty spinners all over the place and catching people's lines.

And if it was a public place to reduce the risk of little Johnny (other names are available) going home with a treble hook in his ear.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

All baits (natural or artificial) are lures. Therefore all rod and line angling is lure fishing.

I suspect this is just another knee jerk rule put in place by an unthinking committee to deal with an imagined "problem".

Go on, drop them a line and ask them to clarify.

Is it their intention to:

Ban all baits?

Ban fly fishing?

Ban all artificial baits - including corn, casters, maggots etc.

Is a soft plastic bait only a "lure" if it's moving and will you be banned if a fish hits your soft plastic bait as you are reelling in?

Is a dead fish or a worm a lure if it cast and retrieved?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.