Removal of worms, crabs and Small fish for bait to be banned?

If it is the dredging of the channel then many people will not bother thinking it is a forgone conclusion, can you just see it "I propose we discuss the new channel project" how many people would go, how many would bat an eyelid, but if you say bait digging is going to be banned look what a reaction you create.

Out of interest how many of you are going to the meeting? :rolleyes:

Hi Ken, this guy has said that every one is going to be affected by something that is more sinister than the minor items that have been discussed on this forum ntz's etc. Obviously he has gained our interest but i feel that he is being disrespecfull in not comming clean and this is a member of the local commitee. These people should be a piller in this community, not hide behind one.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to a wise man today, he thinks it would be a good idea if all the bait diggers were to bring their waders and forks and all anglers were to bring their rods and reels. This would be good for any of the angling press that may attend.

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

I have a feeling that Ronnie boy has been fed a crock of **** from a commercial fishermen chummy of his and has fell for it hook line and sinker.

Or maybe just maybe RonnieEssex has had his head in the sand regarding concervation matters for so long that now somthing could happen that could affect his fishing he has woken up. Now all the news about possable lisences, NTZ,s and bag limits would all seem like new news to someone that aint listened for a few years wouldnt it.

There is mention of the developing recreational fishery in the letter and how the marine environment won't be able to take it. There's mention of angling being barbaric. There's mention of the tope byelaw and the bass "byelaw"(??), which were both due to angling campaigns. There's a call for a ban on bait collecting.

There's a lot of anti angling content in this proposal.

There's also a lot of scare mongering, ie, sea birds starving to death, AND BASS STARVING TO DEATH! Remember, Mr Gilson wanted a cull on small bass because he said there were too many of them and they were eating everything, (perhaps he had to buy farmed bass to sell in his shop when there was a ready supply of undersize wild bass on his doorstep?). I'm told he even wanted the bass MLS to be decreased from 36cm! (to 28cm if I remember right)

Could it be that he will propose a compromise at the meeting next Monday? Maybe he will suggest that because these little bass are eating everything, either anglers stop collecting bait, or we have an undersize bass cull?

I don't know. It's probably wrong to speculate, but up until Ron of Essex told us there was more to this than meets the eye, I was prepared to accept that it was just another pop at anglers, at just another SFC meeting.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

There is mention of the developing recreational fishery in the letter and how the marine environment won't be able to take it. There's mention of angling being barbaric. There's mention of the tope byelaw and the bass "byelaw"(??), which were both due to angling campaigns. There's a call for a ban on bait collecting.

There's a lot of anti angling content in this proposal.

There's also a lot of scare mongering, ie, sea birds starving to death, AND BASS STARVING TO DEATH! Remember, Mr Gilson wanted a cull on small bass because he said there were too many of them and they were eating everything, (plus he had to buy farmed bass to sell in his shop when there was a ready supply of undersize wild bass on his doorstep). I'm told he even wanted the bass MLS to be decreased from 36cm! (to 28cm if I remember right)

Could it be that he will propose a compromise at the meeting next Monday? Maybe he will suggest that because these little bass are eating everything, either anglers stop collecting bait, or we have an undersize bass cull?

I don't know. It's probably wrong to speculate, but up until Ron of Essex told us there was more to this than meets the eye, I was prepared to accept that it was just another pop at anglers, at just another SFC meeting.

Hi Steve,

its more than anti-angling, its anti- fishing etc and he want's bums on seats to support this? Its all scare mongering based on could be, might be, there isn't a problem yet maybee, so hard evidence is certainly required. There might just be something in the bass size argument to consider, but only a child molester would consider taking 'virgin' bass to sell. If there was an undersized bass cull what fish slab would they end up on. If there is so many small bass up there they might consider turning it into a nusery, that would be good.

regards barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

What right has Mr Gilson so put forward proposals that would kill the lively hoods of not just bait diggers and collectors but, tackle shops and charter boats

The fact is that Mr Gilsons family occupation (commercial fishermen) has ruined the best of our sport and because a few thinking anglers are weeing on his strawberries he has spat his dummy out.

Edited by frankthebass

I have a feeling that Ronnie boy has been fed a crock of **** from a commercial fishermen chummy of his and has fell for it hook line and sinker.

Or maybe just maybe RonnieEssex has had his head in the sand regarding concervation matters for so long that now somthing could happen that could affect his fishing he has woken up. Now all the news about possable lisences, NTZ,s and bag limits would all seem like new news to someone that aint listened for a few years wouldnt it.

First of all,he's absolutely no ''Chummy' of mine ...Secondly,go to the meeting and you wont have to speculate.You may even want to do something about what is likely coming.Thirdly they can shove there NTZ,BAG LIMITS,LICENCES AND ANYTHING ELSE THIS SHITE FOR BRAINS GOVERMENT THINK THEY CAN IMPOSE.

I have never bothered with this forum before,I was infact asked to post the copy of the letter I had in my possesion and info I obtained (By putting myself out and TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW) by another well known member of this forum.His name will never be known.Fourthly,I am an angler and not a commercial fisherman anymore who only boatfishes so whatever they want to do with there poxy beaches is no concern of mine and I really couldnt care less.I buy bait from Holland so that wont effect me either.I thought I was helping,obviously not and that is the apathy these forums create.

The way allegations are levied I can see why people can no longer be bothered to get involved and only want to do there own thing.I wont even be attemting to post anymore info.If you want to know anything more,please attend the meeting on the 20th November

First of all,he's absolutely no ''Chummy' of mine ...Secondly,go to the meeting and you wont have to speculate.You may even want to do something about what is likely coming.Thirdly they can shove there NTZ,BAG LIMITS,LICENCES AND ANYTHING ELSE THIS SHITE FOR BRAINS GOVERMENT THINK THEY CAN IMPOSE.

I have never bothered with this forum before,I was infact asked to post the copy of the letter I had in my possesion and info I obtained (By putting myself out and TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW) by another well known member of this forum.His name will never be known.Fourthly,I am an angler and not a commercial fisherman anymore who only boatfishes so whatever they want to do with there poxy beaches is no concern of mine and I really couldnt care less.I buy bait from Holland so that wont effect me either.I thought I was helping,obviously not and that is the apathy these forums create.

The way allegations are levied I can see why people can no longer be bothered to get involved and only want to do there own thing.I wont even be attemting to post anymore info.If you want to know anything more,please attend the meeting on the 20th November

Many thanks for some of the information requested Ronessex

Many thanks for some of the information requested Ronessex

Ronessex,

Don't get upset mate. For the last week you have issued speculative posts with hidden meanings etc so what the heck do you think, we think. I assure you as an active rca i do not consider apathy as an option and i will do whatever is required for me to continue with a hobby that i have loved for the past thirty years or so. As you state that you have no link with the proposels then why couldn't you just post as and what you Know what is comming, again what is the problem with it?

regards barry

Ronessex,

Don't get upset mate. For the last week you have issued speculative posts with hidden meanings etc so what the heck do you think, we think. I assure you as an active rca i do not consider apathy as an option and i will do whatever is required for me to continue with a hobby that i have loved for the past thirty years or so. As you state that you have no link with the proposels then why couldn't you just post as and what you Know what is comming, again what is the problem with it?

regards barry

As I keep saying,if I post what I know then people will just dismiss it and probably the meeting will be a flop.It's not got anything to do with me, so just go and listen to what the man says.If people dont like it,they can just as well hang him there as anywhere.I was asked to post by a forum member,after this is over Im out of this forum anyway, and as I keep saying,really whatever the outcome it wont affect me.Good luck in whatever you decide.....Remember though...You heard it here first!!