Removal of worms, crabs and Small fish for bait to be banned?

If I take my Blinkers off Ian I miss what could be something very important. You may be right you may be wrong about people proposing bag limits for cod, Ive not read any responses other than Leon's and Yalasa'a But one thing I know for certain is that noone said they didnt back them and in doing that we are running the risk of getting measures introduced for cod fishing based on the desires of others to have them imposed for other species.

I don't know how the idea that anglers accepting bag limits and licences got into that marine bill response summary but I know 1 thing for certain it certainly does not mention those measures being area or species specific and I believe in several years into the future when these measures are introduced my fishing will be ****ed for the benefit of anglers who know nothing of fishing this area.

But with sensible management it wouldn't be fxxxxxx

Lets face it the commercials, politicians scientists etc etc, have allowed the seas to be raped by bad management and lack of political will to take bold decisions

I know you read a lot Glen, have a look at New Zealand, florida, Australia. The fishing is getting better in many parts of these countries because of sensible management which is designed to produce a product for commercials and RSA alike, which means more and bigger fish for everyone.

Increading MLS, closed areas and seasons, bag limits do work and suprisingly quickly.

As you know I was fishing in florida last year They have a monthly list which appear in tackle shops charter boats etc showing the bag limits for all species. If there is a glut of any species then the number of take home fish goes up. and the same in reverse, but it is managed for the benefit of the fish stocks not for the commercials so everybody gains.

It works, the fishing gets better and everybody is happy to pay the license fee which is actually used to police the region.

If legislation is implemented for the right reason, we have nothing to fear.

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerned at proposals to develop the Recreational Sea Fishery, and the effects that this will have on marine environment and fish stocks within the district, a member of Kent & Essex Sea Fisheries Committee (a commercial fisherman) has written to the committee suggesting that Byelaws be created to ban the removal of:

1 All worms

2 Crab and Crustaceans (describing placing hooks in living creatures for sport as 'barbaric')

3 Undersized fish to be used as live-bait.

The letter will be considered by the committee at the next statutory meeting on 20th November at the Thurrock HotelAvely, Purfleet, Essex (Just off the M25 on the Essex side of the Dartford Crossing).

There is usually a 'public gallery' where members of the public can listen in to the committee's deliberations, and are sometimes allowed to speak on a particular issue.

(There is just one angling rep on this committee! - me)

Should the proposals go forward, then it is possible that other SFCs will follow suit.

Since when did a commercial fisherman give a hoot about using 'live bait'. This is a joke isn't it. Why does this have to be deliverd by letter, why doesn't the commercial fisherman attend personally to put these preposterous proposels forward? What is wrong in using a joey mackrall for live bait. Best bass bait ever i recon.

regards barry

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Leon have you got any documents or a copy of Paul Gilsons proposals so I can give the info to my bait digging friends?

I didn't mention any Paul Gilson. (Did I?)

er, best get it direct from K&ESFC I think.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Is that right? :angry:

Yes most people are not bothered about your petty attempts at wind ups or snidy remarks, even when faced with a bit of humour, you can't resist resorting to type.

Well consider yourself switched off, so I won't be expecting any purile responses from you in the future.

HAGD

Doc.

I May be mistaken on this but i think there was an area in northumberland where digging worm was banned in the 1980's some where like Budle bay Strange thing was there was sand extraction happening not far away on the same coast. There are also stories of northeast anglers useing brown crab for bait. If its not being bought from commercials then its a fair bet the brown crab is undersize caught on the shoreline :secret: