Codding in the Solent

richi

Fished a mark in the Solent that me and Phooey have fished a couple of times,just got back in now.

Launched at 1830 bait was lug and squid. First fish was a whiting

bd2.jpg

followed by umpteen doggies

bd1.jpg

followed by a huge pout

bd3.jpg

followed by a 6 1/4lb COD!!!!!!!!!!!

bdcod.jpg

I just can't believe my luck!

there were quite a few shore anglers and when I landed(at exactly the same place thanks to the gps)I got one of them to take this pic

bd4.jpg

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Richi! :thumbs: Can't wait to try out my Chinese cuttlefish, they're monsters.

Can't wait to try my Cod :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

Nice one Richi! :thumbs: Can't wait to try out my Chinese cuttlefish, they're monsters.

SUPERB Richi :yeah: Don't forget to give it a day or two before you eat the cod or it won't be as tasty!!! Enjoy mate, can't wait to get back out to my mark and get some of those babies!! Yummy :yeah:

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

i knew it , a soft southerner beats me to it :angry: Fighting fit again , bouncy castle parties out of the way , just the small problem of a pike meet to get out of the way and numerous xmas parties. I'm on my way Seado , for a proper Cumbrian Cod! :) Trust you'll sort out the wind :yeah:

Ps Nice Fish Richi :P

Ok Prowler 13

Cracking fish Rich.

Did you know that fresh cod taste's just as good when it's been frozen for uh say about 6 or 7 day's, and I'm sure Martin H said there was cooking facilities in our dig's next week ;):P

Only joking m8, enjoy them fillets.

That gives me an idea, I'm on nights all this week which will give me a chance to put the cod lines out all week. With a bit of luck we might be eating cod for tea on friday night :clap::clap:

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Lovely cod!

I hope to catch a 1/2 decent cod soon, a monster like that would be nice too.

Great report mate

Edited by s2vto

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Brilliant Again Richi :thumbs: Were you tied up to Pot buoys or anchored?

Only the Flounder to go now and you'll have the full set :D

Well Done,

Stu :)

I was Anchored Stu.I tried 3 different depths.No lobster pot bouys on this mark :wallbash:

flounder and Pike!how could you forget! :rolleyes:

Cracking fish Rich.

Did you know that fresh cod taste's just as good when it's been frozen for uh say about 6 or 7 day's, and I'm sure Martin H said there was cooking facilities in our dig's next week ;):P

:

sounds like a good plan to me :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5

Of course Rich, and Pike! but that's the start of a whole new series to collect :headhurt:

Would you say the bulk of your fish this year though have been caught whilst tied to pot buoys or just anchored? Just interested, as there does seem to be some advantage in tying up to them, especially if you know which end of the fleet is which, and if they've just been baited. Curious :)

Stu :)