tomorrows meeting!

Guest muttley

Kinda quiet in hear regarding last weeks big talker.

You got as problem with me sam?...You was at the meeting did you not have the ****** to ask Paul why he put the agenda in?...Thought not...People knew I had to go to Cheltenham today thats why I wasnt there.The bait collecting issue has no effect om me one way or the other.Go and ask him (Paul) WHY HE DID IT,instead of assuming all the time.Youre dad was there,he has enough to say in BFM,he thinks he speaks for the whole world when he really has his own views.He was a bloody good charter skipper he should stick to that and not jump on the old conservation bandwagon,did he not ask?..Im glad they at least had the bottle to throw the Tope proposal out before we had more needless legislation...Do you not think that the proposal was put in just to show what the commercial could acheive if the '''Throw it back brigade''want to keep attacking them?...Think about it,maybe the outcome would of been different if the likes of me had not posted that proposal and got people there,the people who matter like the diggers,it was aimed at them not me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron my old man has been involved in conservation for more than thrirty years, your comments prove your agenda. You didnt get many of the diggers there ron, froggies was responsable for at least five of them.

As we all thought it seems that anglers have been weeing on the commercials strawberries and one spat his dummy out.

No Ron I aint got a problem with you, I have chatted to you on the WSF and I agree with you about the throw it back bagade. Preaching total catch and release will not get the lobby group anywhere, having said that I aint heard any of them lobby for total catch and release.

Edited by frankthebass

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

Hi Stavey

You could keep in touch with your Local Chief clerk fisheries officer to find out what items are going on the agenda for up and coming meetings. Phone him once a week, and while you're on the phone to him ask him what your SFC are doing to improve your sea angling experience. Copies of the agenda item notes are only sent out to committee members a matter of days before the actual meeting. There's nothing stopping you from getting something put on the agenda for future meetings. Again, just phone your local Chief clerk and fisheries officer, express your concerns and ask him to get it brought up at the next meeting. A bit of support from other local anglers will make it easier.

Each Committee has four meetings a year. They can call sub committee meetings in between the statutary quarterly meetings if anything crops up, or put together a technical panel if they want to keep things private :lol:

(With regard to todays meeting, I have to say that what the bigger picture that Ron of essex was talking about remains a mystery, and as he wasn't at the meeting I couldn't ask him what it was he was talking about.)

Cheers steve, i am remembering now how it sort of works, i did put a proposal in when the rsa reps started on these committee's but it was poo pood by the chief officer, mind you it was no where near that silly proposal you guys witnessed today :lol: cheers..............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Ron my old man has been involved in conservation for more that thrirty years, your comments prove your agenda. You didnt get many of the diggers there ron, froggies was responsable for at least five of them.

SamI dont want to have a go about your old man,I used to fish with him as a 15/16 yr old(That was a long time ago) and he was a top skipper and angler but he has taken his fair share from the sea in the past (Ive seen him and Rawlies boats filled to the gunnels with Bass) and I fail to see why he should preach now in national magazines about conservation (Seems like dont do as I do,do as I say to me!)...That aside I posted the copy of the proposals because I felt that people would want to know, as silly as it seemed...But it shows just what could be brought into play if people who it mattered too never attended....Im sick and tired of the whole thing,I just want to be left alone to do my fishing and not to be involved with all this conservation crap,Licences,commercials and anything else that detracts from a day out fishing.

SamI dont want to have a go about your old man,I used to fish with him as a 15/16 yr old(That was a long time ago) and he was a top skipper and angler but he has taken his fair share from the sea in the past (Ive seen him and Rawlies boats filled to the gunnels with Bass) and I fail to see why he should preach now in national magazines about conservation (Seems like dont do as I do,do as I say to me!)...That aside I posted the copy of the proposals because I felt that people would want to know, as silly as it seemed...But it shows just what could be brought into play if people who it mattered too never attended....Im sick and tired of the whole thing,I just want to be left alone to do my fishing and not to be involved with all this conservation crap,Licences,commercials and anything else that detracts from a day out fishing.

Could you just tell us what you thought this hidden agenda was Ron? From where I was sitting it sounded like Paul Gilson did a lot of back peddling today. He certainly didn't mention any bigger picture or anything like that. I couldn 't see any good reason for him proposing a ban on anglers bait collecting other than to just wind us up a bit, which is what we all suspected from the start.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest muttley

Ron...what a load of piffle. Dont you realise that things change,just because someone used to take a lot of fish it doen't make them wrong to move with the times and try to educate people about conservation.Imagine what it would be like with NO people like Bob around. My kids might not have any fish to catch in 5 years time. Bob is one of the most passionate people that i know regarding bass and he has virtualy dedicated his life to the preservation of the species. Do you really not understand why he does what he does. If you dont you need help mate.And what exactly was this info you couldn't say last week.

Put up or shut up.

Could you just tell us what you thought this hidden agenda was Ron? From where I was sitting it sounded like Paul Gilson did a lot of back peddling today. He certainly didn't mention any bigger picture or anything like that. I couldn 't see any good reason for him proposing a ban on anglers bait collecting other than to just wind us up a bit, which is what we all suspected from the start.

Last week when this all broke Paul led us all to believe that there were plans in place (And Ive not heard anything to the contrary) to establish a complete ban (not only NTZ for Bass) BUT A TOTAL BAN ON ACTUALLY FISHING FOR THEM throughout the whole of the Essex and kENT area.This apparently would effect anglers and commercials alike.The group was reportedly being led by certain members of a movement that would really like to ban commercial netting AND especially angling.After the NTZ was established for the Bass it was said they would then turn there attention to other species until they had acheived there goal of a total ban.Now Im sure this had something to do with this marine park lark because think about it,have you ever seen any type of ''Park''where anglers are actually welcomed?I know there are some but mostly once these sort of things are established we all know that some stage,what way they tend to go.I can only assume that for some reason he backed away.I really wish I had now got to go because I most certainly would of asked him why he never said what he told everyone in the Southend area last week.The reason why he put the proposal he said was to wake anglers up as to what was going on around them and how one person could stir up a whole heap of trouble.He knew he could never get a ban in place at the meeting today(It would have to recommended by the committee and put forward to DEFRA)...He never wanted a ban (His by catch for peelers) would have been hit had it happened...Just why he never spoke after getting the people he wanted there,only he knows......Why not write and ask him?

Edited by Ronessex

Ron...what a load of piffle. Dont you realise that things change,just because someone used to take a lot of fish it doen't make them wrong to move with the times and try to educate people about conservation.Imagine what it would be like with NO people like Bob around. My kids might not have any fish to catch in 5 years time. Bob is one of the most passionate people that i know regarding bass and he has virtualy dedicated his life to the preservation of the species. Do you really not understand why he does what he does. If you dont you need help mate.And what exactly was this info you couldn't say last week.

Put up or shut up.

I never asked for all these people to speak on my behalf and I really cannot remember him ever being elected to speak for any else too.You obviously only know him now...I remember when him and John Rawle were the worst offenders.I dont know where you get the impression that he has dedicated his life to the cause!...His life used to be to catch as many and as quickly as possible....Maybe the same a s a lifer hey?...Ive seen the light!...As for educating people seems a bit hypocritical too me,getting paid from a magazine that shows pictures of dead fish.....You listen to him as much as you want but dont expect us all to follow the guiding light.

Guest muttley
I never asked for all these people to speak on my behalf and I really cannot remember him ever being elected to speak for any else too.You obviously only know him now...I remember when him and John Rawle were the worst offenders.I dont know where you get the impression that he has dedicated his life to the cause!...His life used to be to catch as many and as quickly as possible....Maybe the same a s a lifer hey?...Ive seen the light!...As for educating people seems a bit hypocritical too me,getting paid from a magazine that shows pictures of dead fish.....You listen to him as much as you want but dont expect us all to follow the guiding light.

Shows how much you know mate.....the first time his son Sam and I fished together was when we were about 8 years old..all of 26 years ago so don't talk to me about not knowing the Cox's 5 minutes. What do you have to say about that then matey!! Why is it that i 'OBVIOUSLY' only know him now.

Last week when this all broke Paul led us all to believe that there were plans in place (And Ive not heard anything to the contrary) to establish a complete ban (not only NTZ for Bass) BUT A TOTAL BAN ON ACTUALLY FISHING FOR THEM throughout the whole of the Essex and kENT area.This apparently would effect anglers and commercials alike.The group was reportedly being led by certain members of a movement that would really like to ban commercial netting AND especially angling.After the NTZ was established for the Bass it was said they would then turn there attention to other species until they had acheived there goal of a total ban.Now Im sure this had something to do with this marine park lark because think about it,have you ever seen any type of ''Park''where anglers are actually welcomed?I know there are some but mostly once these sort of things are established we all know that some stage,what way they tend to go.I can only assume that for some reason he backed away.I really wish I had now got to go because I most certainly would of asked him why he never said what he told everyone in the Southend area last week.The reason why he put the proposal he said was to wake anglers up as to what was going on around them and how one person could stir up a whole heap of trouble.He knew he could never get a ban in place at the meeting today(It would have to recommended by the committee and put forward to DEFRA)...He never wanted a ban (His by catch for peelers) would have been hit had it happened...Just why he never spoke after getting the people he wanted there,only he knows......Why not write and ask him?

Not being funny Ron, but he fed you a load of ******.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.