tomorrows meeting!

Guest muttley

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The established forum member, who invited the original posting on this topic, must have thought it was worth talking about here.

Sounds like the proposals might have been in retalliation to something he has been stirring up, so who is really to blame, if blame is the appropriate word, for a week or so of arguing?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Bob Cox (from Bobsbites in TSF mag) was also permitted to speak briefly, he basically outlined that SFC are not worth the money they cost to run, at this point one of the senior members said that in the five years he had sat on the committee they had only achieved a hand full of objectives. He said the committee lacked teeth to get anything done and was basically fairly powerless. This just backed Bob Cox,es statement to the committee.

I did not get what Bobs point was, something about the committee being biased, did he mention the stakebloodyholder word, perhaps he meant, anglers are worth more than commercials so they should run the show.

I tried to talk to him afterwards, still none the wiser, just got the impression, he hates commercial fishermen with a vengeance.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Highlight of the meeting, for me, was when Bob asked the committee what they had done for RSA over the last 10 years and the chairman said thet they'd enhanced the fish stocks so that there were plenty of fish for us to catch. The laughter from the public gallery, and the shocked looks on the faces of committee members, was something to behold. :clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Highlight of the meeting, for me, was when Bob asked the committee what they had done for RSA over the lasy 10 years and the chairman said thet they'd enhanced the fish stocks so that there were plenty of fish for us to catch. The laughter from the public gallery, and the shocked looks on the faces of committee members, was something to behold. :clap::clap::clap:

Well, I think he is a relatively new chairman.

What more could a committee with not much power do?

You could take up cockle fishing, they manage those quite well.

other things they do:

Check MLS of catch and mesh sizes, bylaw on thornback MLS 40cm, patrol the area keeping out Johnny foriegner,patrol bass nursery area, Keep an eye out for illegal gill nets, limit the size and horsepower of boats allowed to work in their area, bylaw on escape panels in lobster pots. can't think of anything else at the moment.

what else was within their power to do?

Anglers catches have been quite good these last few years.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Having read the thread from end to end :rolleyes: I have come to the conclusion it was either one enormous windup or the gentleman concerned lost his bottle when he realised that he was boxing weeeeellll under weight. :D

At least he got bums on seats and your local SFC will know a little bit more about one or two of their stakeholders and what to expect if they do decide to have a silly session.

The one thing I fail to understand is a lack of public information regarding agenda for meeting. They are public servants discussing issues which should be bought to everyones notice, freedom of information or are SFCs dealing with such sensitive security issues that they should not be made public?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Ken I am going to endevor to attend all the Kent and Essex and Sulfolk and Easex meeting and just sit in the part where the public can watch from. I will just listen and report what I see on here.

If more anglers were to attend it would make the fairly quiet voises of those RSA that do sit on these commitees a lot louder.

Really the likes of Steve Coppolo, Tom Pinborough, and Leon Roskilly need the suport of anglers, and by attending you local SFC meeting it not only backs these guys up it also shows anglers meen business.

THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM THE FUZZY WUZZIES, THEY DONT LIKE IT UP EM!

Ken I am going to endevor to attend all the Kent and Essex and Sulfolk and Easex meeting and just sit in the part where the public can watch from. I will just listen and report what I see on here.

If more anglers were to attend it would make the fairly quiet voises of those RSA that do sit on these commitees a lot louder.

Really the likes of Steve Coppolo, Tom Pinborough, and Leon Roskilly need the suport of anglers, and by attending you local SFC meeting it not only backs these guys up it also shows anglers meen business.

I will go with that one 100%

I would still like to no in advance whats on the agenda :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I will go with that one 100%

I would still like to no in advance whats on the agenda :rolleyes:

You need to contact the clerk and attain a copy of the agenda, and minutes of previous meetings.

Minutes are not usually issued until they have been approved by the committee at the next meeting in 3 months time, some SFC's put them onto their websites

(eg see: http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=35223 )

see:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Useful-Information-...Committees.html

for further information

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust