malibu yaks

niko

Hi Andy (Mad Yakker),

I thought that the 'P15' had been superseded by the 'Prowler Elite 4.5' which seemed to be the same vessel but with some moulding modifications; (15ft = 4.57M).

Are you saying that the P15 was 'scrapped' because it was substantially flawed?

Moonyaker

Hi Moonyaker,

Like I said before, Andrew (OKREALLY) will be better answering this, I assume that the P15 is gone,,hence the 4,5 it kinda makes sense,, long live the P15 :1a:

If removing it for good is fixing it, then its still recognition of the problem, and unfortunatley it has been going on for quite some time.

Don't forget the P15 is made in the USA and the Elite 4.5 in New Zealand,, the Americans are not getting the Elite at the moment.

According to someone I spoke to the other day, it will be too big a threat for the sales of the P15. I suspect that will not always be the case,, its too good a Kayak to keep all to ourselves :schmoll:

Happy Fishing Mate

:sun:

I have gone back through a lot of posts and the Prowler 15 got a similar type of bashing, but now OK have removed the model from the range, not replaced it, removed it.

I think that takes big kahunnas, thats real recognition of a problem and now they have fixed it, or are attempting to,, Andrew would be better at answering this.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't know wether to add to this thread or not as the original point has been well and truelly lost. I haven't picked up my X Factor yet but will shortly, however it needs making clear that if it wasn't for the service levels and support shown by Shawn & Ken Larson (Malibu), then thanks to Stuart :angry::angry: , both Nik, myself and others would have been left out of pocket and kayakless. Instead Malibu have stepped in and have honoured any deposits paid (i.e. it hits their pocket and not ours), they were certainly under no obligation to do this but did as a goodwill gesture, a gesture for which several of us are extremely grateful.

Personally I don't think there is a kayak out there that hasn't had moulding or general finishing issues i.e. its not unique to plastic boats, thankfully from what i've read all the manufacturers involved have done their best to rectify any issues so I can't see the problem.

As someone previously said lets fish!

Yes, the thread has become pointless especially as some posters are not reading what has been said. I will take another of my long breakls from AN as this just seems to happen so frequently. :(

Naaah, keep posting mate, were all friends here, forget hype and misunderstandings, we can all hack that :yeah:

The more posters, the more info :) All yak chat is good yak chat :yeah:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Edited by SeaDooDavid