Petition the PM, on-line in 2 mins, to save the fish stocks

fishyrob

Interesting to read that in the Discards Thread, there is a report from the Economic Aspects of Discards that shows that an average of 63% of commercial fisherman support the idea of fixed closed areas and 56% the idea of moveable closed areas.

Is it not the case perhaps that my Petition makes a bit more sense than some subscribers to this topic realise?

I suppose I could always start a petition to ban discards altogether and make them count as part of the quota;that would be quite an effective way of finding out how many fish are left in the sea, would it not?

Edited by Trubshaw

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to read that in the Discards Thread, there is a report from the Economic Aspects of Discards that shows that an average of 63% of commercial fisherman support the idea of fixed closed areas and 56% the idea of moveable closed areas.

Is it not the case perhaps that my Petition makes a bit more sense than some subscribers to this topic realise?

I suppose I could always start a petition to ban discards altogether and make them count as part of the quota;that would be quite an effective way of finding out how many fish are left in the sea, would it not?

No Henry it appears that ben has stole the limelight with regards to your origional petition. You've missed the boat mate. Are you now saying you might start another? OOOOOh nooooooooooo. :headhurt:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• 2 weeks later...

Does no one on this site have an opinion, other than Barry, about this fact?

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

Hello Trubshaw

Was none at all an option then?

I don't see how.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Trubshaw

Was none at all an option then?

I don't see how.

If all catches had to be landed, whatever their size and species, once a certain tonnage had been caught and being maintained or if tonnages were dropping, we would have a better idea of how well or badly the stocks were doing.

Naturally if tonnages were increasing quotas could be increased as well.

It would require proper policing, but would at least tell all the real truth about how well catches were and were not getting on.

Blimy Henry, good evenin, long time no hear, did i see right, ang on i'll get me glasses, yes you have just said something positive regarding commercial.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

If all catches had to be landed, whatever their size and species, once a certain tonnage had been caught and being maintained or if tonnages were dropping, we would have a better idea of how well or badly the stocks were doing.

It would require proper policing, but would at least tell all the real truth about how well catches were and were not getting on.

Hello Trubshaw

In a few cases perhaps if discards were landed and were deducted from your quota it would give fishermen an incentive to ovoid catching them. Hard to police though.

Normally quotas stop the tonnage from increasing.

I don't know of a fishery that is being put at risk due to discards, it seems to me that not many people are interested in the real truth and I don't see how landing a box or two of tids that a percentage of would have survived could change that.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Trubshaw

In a few cases perhaps if discards were landed and were deducted from your quota it would give fishermen an incentive to ovoid catching them. Hard to police though.

Have to agree with Wurzel on this one Henry, Defra allready spend 100mill of our money policing a say 50 mill fishery, so would you be willing to spend more? What about when defra start policing the rsa, sky's the limit for us rate payers, tax payers, pension fund contirbutors.

They also propose to reduce the amount of sfc's from 12 to 6 in the white paper, so who would be in line to deal with what is coming.

Blimy Henry, good evenin, long time no hear, did i see right, ang on i'll get me glasses, yes you have just said something positive regarding commercial.

Surprising as it may seem, the perception I am anti-commercial is perhaps mis-read. I am concerned about stock levels for all taxpayers, I refuse to use the word stake-holders as that is Blair spin for tax-payers.

If discards could be counted towards overall tonnage quotas, the fish could be sold, benefit to the commercials, actual catches could be better monitored and increasing sizes could be indications of more or higher quotas to be allowed.

In return, spawning areas could be closed to commercials, reducing catch areas the same, hence we come back to the start of the roundabout!!!!

See:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po..._Discards-.html

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust