Season retrospective

Anderoo

I can't hope to do a write up as good as Andrew's however it's been a really good season, I'd say the season of the perch.

I've been fishing a syndicate water on the south coast for the perch and done pretty well with the first and last perch of the season having a combined weight of 7lbs 13oz.

Otherwise besides the Thames roach and those lovely crucians a few highlights have all been lure caught. My first canal zander:

post-560-0-88371100-1426723780_thumb.jpg

A reservoir bream?!? Caught on a lure!

post-560-0-30717700-1426723852_thumb.jpg

Oh and a big perch from the Thames. I've been trying for years but I've still never caught and then weighed a 3lber from the Thames although I suspect this is the second one I've caught without scales with me!

post-560-0-72766900-1426723878_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kappa
  • Like 1

I can't hope to do a write up as good as Andrew's ....

Fewer words maybe but no less interesting for that. I hope the big perch combo included a four pounder which would still make the 'smaller' one a real monster.

These are great reports and yes I'll be up for the zander event this year. My only diary was my blog and I regret stopping that now, I enjoy looking back to see how I did things six years ago and what I've learnt in that time. I need to resurrect it I think.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Fewer words maybe but no less interesting for that. I hope the big perch combo included a four pounder which would still make the 'smaller' one a real monster.

Sadly not! 3.14 and 3.15. Just can't get a four this year I've had 2x 3.14s and 2x 3.15s! Can't complain though!

Rich

Edited by Kappa
  • Like 1

Rich,

It took me over 50 years to get a "4" and as far as I'm concerned they are still Huge fish, like you I caught a few 3s last season and they are still remarkable Perch, I've only had two 4s in 60 years of fishing, so as far as I'm concerned, you did amazingly well.

A long time ago a famous angler once told me, you can only catch what's in front of you !!

You never know when that float goes under or the tip goes around, what might be on the other end of your line.

Very well done on your captures.

Bob

Ha thanks Bob! I'm waiting for number two!

Don't get me wrong I'm very happy, I'm very very lucky to have had the season I have had!

Edited by Kappa

• 3 weeks later...

I need to resurrect it I think.

I think you should too....I always enjoy more the blogs that have scenic pictures as well as the captures.

Cracking crucians Anderoo, hopefully I will be out chasing them again in the next few weeks, this spell of warm weather has got me sorting my gear out in preparation. And the little barbel, lovely!!

Excellent bream on a lure Kappa, how big was it...the lure? I believe it is quite common early season to see bream going for fry?

And CT, lovely Wye barbel....a venue I really should try and visit this coming season...thanks for the reminder :D

Paul, I spent the weekend sorting out my spring/summer fishing stuff and can't wait for the first crucian session in a few weeks' time! I need to tie up some hooklengths but apart from that I am now ready to go :)

Rich's bream was on a 5" soft plastic bumped along the bottom in about 50' of water, and it had pretty much inhaled it - one of the highlights of last season for me, we were speechless :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music