Bass from the shore in the UK

BoldBear

I am looking for a good book on fishing for Bass. from the beach as I am a relative newbie to Bass fishing.

I have a couple of books on sea fishing but because they mostly cover boat fishing and only briefly deal with each type of fish and are also a bit dated, they are not really what I need.

I need a book which discusses in depth the different types of tackle, methods and rigs used to catch Bass and the different bait choices plus some watercraft relevant to shore fishing for Bass, Plus some natural history on Bass (growth rates, life spans, habitats, spawning times etc.).

Is there such a book that concentrates on shore fishing for Bass in the UK? and if so could anyone let me have the title/ISBN No so that I could order it?.

Thanks

Keith (BoldBear)

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

BoldBear,

First criteria - fish productive waters (chapter 1)

I'm an expert on fishing where they ain't (chapter 2)

While our "sea bass" are quite different I suspect the techniques are similar. Here is a web site and if you like it the guy has several books that are considered biblical.

Phone

oops - forgot to post the URL http://www.stripersurf.com/scast101.html

Edited by Phone

I shouldn't bother mate, when the AT have finished messing about bass fishing will be illegal anyway!

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 2 weeks later...