Llangorse trip - new thread for the photo's!

Marc J

Hi Guys,

Great photo's Richi! Thought I'd start a new thread...the other is already 4 pages!

Hope you all got back okay and caught some more pike. I arrived on Friday dinnertime, met Starvin who said he was definately going out - so couldn't chicken out (the weather looked appauling!) :boat:

Here's his laura ashley seat! :lol:

PB240049.jpg

Found Stu who sorted me with some sardines...Thanks Stu!

The weather was horrid gusting to about 40mph and peeing down. :schmoll:

I got a 7lber to the side of the yak, had it in my hand but it came free... :sun:

Only got a small one on Saturday. Think the Darnsarf had the biggest at 8lb, can't remember the exact tally, think we had around 7 or 8 between us.

Wasn't going to fish this morning, had to get back, but thought I'd give it a couple of hours. SO glad I did, most of us were fishing the reed margins after seeing a local pulling loads out on Sat. I chucked a sardine up close to the reeds, looked down to straighten the achor rope, looked up & the float was disappearing! After a dogged fight, towed me round a bit got a 17lber to the net! Yippee pb by far! :yeah: Pictures aren't great but hoping Simon sends me a better shot. (Weighed it in the net with a spring balance, was bouncing between 16 & 18lb).

Simon managed a tiddler on the fly, there was a least one 8lber caught before I left at noon....can't wait to hear how the rest of the day went!

Great weekend, thanks guys, brilliant craic! :):lol::sun: Good to meet Starvin, Simon, GB & Stu (sv2t0 or something like that :) ) for the first time. Roll on the next session!!!! :sun:

Piccies

Full of rain!

PB240050.jpg

Weather

PB250058.jpg

PB250055.jpg

PB240051.jpg

Jack Pike on Fri

25112006309.jpg

His mother:

26112006312.jpg

26112006311.jpg

Yaksville mid-wales

25112006306-1.jpg

PB250054.jpg

PB250057.jpg

Edited by Marc J

Malibu 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home too. Straight through without hold ups - gtreat!

I managed another on the fly just after lunch - not big 3lbs - 4lbs maybe, but a welcoe wriggle on the end of the line having been chucking the fluff all morning.

A brilliant weekend all round methinks - and that fish of MarcJ's is a beaut, but usual score - I can't post the pictures so will email it to someone who can - along with some others from the trip - some very pictures amongst them and the scenery was fabulous.

What really made it for me today was the sight of a peregrine falcon, right over head. Then scores of snipe flighting and piping - and to cap it all, while I was fishing with GB one side of me and Martin Hurst and Nifty the other a Bittern flew up out of the reeds at there end, right past us and dropped into the reeds about 70 yards away. This is the first wild one I have ever seen - heard them, but never seen one before. These are things that really ake a brilliant weekend - catching a fish is also nice though and think everyone, other than Mr. Blanker Marvin, caught a pike.

Hats off to those who stuck out the hail storm on Saturday - after a drenching on Friday as well! The drying room was oversubscribed but everyone had dry stuff to put on.

Thanks for your company guys, a weekend that will always be remembered - as will the others.

A really good trip. I look forward to the next excusrion somewhere new....any ideas for the winter?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

4 or 5 braved the weather Friday from lunch onwards , all blanking but the paddle home in a gale was great fun :) Despite the forecast Saturday was a little better although the heavy overnight rain had badly coloured the water

Nifty sits out the weather

llangorse003.jpg

Stu (s2vto) was first into a jack followed by Marc J

llangorse002.jpg

Darnsaf(2)and Phooey had the next fish , not far from the launching mark , and myself and painfly joined them. Painfly had a 7lber which I had the pleasure of helping him with and photographing on his camera - looking forward to him posting that Proud photo :sun:

Sunday lauch spot !! Normaly the car park!!

llangorse001.jpg

Most of us (Sorry Starvin!) caught today topped by the Marcs cracker , I weighed in with one around 8lb and GB had a couple on lures

Big advantage of the weather - you can paddle to your car!!

llangorse004.jpg

Highlite of the weekend - apart from the abundant wildlife - Richi and that sail!! :rolleyes:

Ok Prowler 13

Brilliant weekend guys!

Thanks Nifty for showing me the ropes enabling me to catch the first pike :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I came home this morning so I missed todays fishing. However I got brownie points for fishing next weekend!

Enjoyed meeting everyone and cant wait for the next sea fishing meet!

STU

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

Thanks to everyone that made this weekend - nice to meet new faces and renew old acquaintances.

I didn't get many piccies but it was nice to capture a grinning pike virgin ( Darnsarf ) Well done mate - even if it was bigger than mine :P

Here you go.

cdfornifty14is8.th.jpg

cdfornifty13xk4.th.jpg

and mine

cdfornifty12al2.th.jpg

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

What a weekend. Enjoyed myself big time.

Great location, great diggs and a cracking bunch of lads.

It was a weekend of first's for me. First organised kayak meet, first Pike from the yak, and first go in a few new toy's :D man them grp's shift.

Thanks to Nifty and Martin for playing host and organising the weekend for us you done us proud. Anytime you want to fish Pembrokeshire I will try to return the favour and that goes for anyone who wants to pay a visit.

After watching Richi horse across the lake at a rate of knots with his sail I gotta get me one, they look the dog's cahoona's. Richi your clean of it m8 fair play :thumbs:

I only got one fishing shot as I was never in the right place at the right time. The shot is of simon with a fine fly caught Pike, I am sure he has better pics of it with his camera. I took plenty of shots with my cannon but only from the shore(to scared to bring it on the water)

I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Check your drysuit zip is done up properly before you decide to go swimming :blink:

Roll on the next meet.

One of Simon's fly caught Pike.

kaskazidorado.jpg

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Some brilliant pics there boys, a lasting reminder of another fantastic weekend meet with you all and I'd like to thank Martin for organising everything. The digs were perfect for 11 blokes to crash out in at the end of a soggy day in Wales :clap:

Considering the weather we had to endure on Friday and Saturday and most of the lake turning the colour of drinking chocolate, It was great that most did have at least one fish.

The Pike virgins led the way on Saturday after Fridays complete blank and I think they taught me more in a day about the place than I would have learned myself, by catching fish from areas of the lake that I had totally disregarded. Congratulations to Paul, Kev and Stu on breaking their ducks.

I only wish I had been close by when most of the fish were caught as I seemed to be at the opposite end of the lake every time, and I would really like to have seen Marc's Pike, Well done mate, it looks a beauty. :thumbs:

The highlights of the weekend for me aren't fishing related, as I only had two tiny jacks, but the laughs we had out in the smoking room and back at the digs, and sampling Richi's cordon bleu cooking, his Chicken, new potato and Broccol'eye' dinner is top notch :thumbs: much better than waiting 3 hours for the takeaway to sort it, and much easier on the digestion, eh Gareth?

I'm glad that I didn't keep anyone awake "snoring" but I'll know next time to take earplugs myself. Dave for such a short arsed blanker, you can't half make a din :lol: nearly on a par with Simon :wallbash:

Sorry, but no pics here as after pulling my camera phone out of an inch of water in my pocket on Friday, it spent the rest of the time taking cover :(

Thanks all and looking forward to the next one already :thumbs::)