Ok, I'll come clean....I have spoken to Mark Lloyd CEO of the Angling Trust

Worms

Last Thursday, I received an e-mail from Mark Lloyd, CEO of the AT. He contacted me because of a comment I made that was an attack on the AT, regarding the bass bag limit debacle mainly, that I posted on his blog.

He suggested that we meet for a chat over a pint or a coffee and see if we could iron out our differences.

I agreed and, we met this last thursday, 26th March at The Grape Vaults public house in Broad Street Leominster. This is about 500 yards from my house and about 100 yards from AT HQ....and, coincidentally, my local....he suggested the rendezvous.

We met at 17:30 and shook hands and, after the usual social preliminaries (disclaimer for humorous comments arising from that last phrase), we discussed the issues and, the point that I had been anti AT since they formed.

Anyway, we discussed the AT and RSA in particular and the crux of it all was, Mark Lloyd admitted that mistakes had been made and, he admitted that the lack of communication was the biggest problem.

He proposed a free "membership" grade, whereby RSA, on receipt of there e-mail/postal address would receive all info that paying members receive. No insurance or fish legal benefits and no say on Trust committee affairs etc.

I suggested that such contacts would then allow the Trust to consult directly with RSA in the event of any legislation changes. He agreed that it sounded acceptable.

Since then I have bounced the idea off a few people, some are for, some are most definitely not...no surprises there then.

This afternoon I penned a quick draft of what I would like to see (in an ideal world) for this new "member" grade.....it is below, please, please comment to your heart's content but, I would be very grateful if you could try and stick to the topic (I can hear the guffaws from here) and, if possible, try not to dwell too deeply on their massive failings...I'm trying to be positive and He made the first move!

I have named the new "grade" Recreational Sea Angler Stakeholder (RSAS).

RSA stakeholder: a consultant individual regarding sea angling in the UK

1. RSA stakeholders (RSAS) will not pay any membership fee and will not be classed as Trust members and will not be included in any Angling Trust (AT) membership figures.

2. RSAS will receive all angling related information that is sent to all grades of paying member of the AT.

3. RSAS will be consulted by the AT on all policy relating to any and all decisions, discussions, proposals etc. that will or might possibly have the potential to affect in anyway whatsoever the right or freedom for any UK citizen to fish as a recreational angler in any UK territorial water or to use any extractive method that aids the purpose thereof (bait digging etc.).

4. Any statements made by the AT regarding any and all consultations with RSAS will include the number, n (where n= total number of RSAS replies) and percentage of n that were for/against any such consultation.

5. RSAS as individuals or as groups will not be restricted from joining or forming any group, organisation or other body that may be in competition with the AT.

6. The collective RSAS comments, whether for or against any AT proposals will be made public in press releases and any Governmental (at UK or EU level) discussions or written briefs.

Discussion with other groups has led to the new status name as "correspondents" rather than stakeholders, I quite like that.

Obviously, Game and coarse anglers must also have the same courtesy shown them, as must paying members......

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Tat have not made mistakes, their past actions have been deliberate and with intent in line with their directors wants and needs. RSA don't count.

I do not believe in one instant that the leopard has changed it's spots.

Their selfish secular bass plan has again been deliberate and with intent.

The restrictions being placed on both the u k commercial and rsa sector is exactly what they want, 'cept for the irish model imposed. Again it was with very poor science, they had and have absolutely no other evidence to justify the action that they deliberately took. Their wants for the u k bass industry will not fix the problem, they know it and for TAT to say any different, they need to come clean and admit that is the case, they won't.

They have dragged the rsa into the failed cfp, that was deliberate and with intent. Tell me it was a mistake, I don't think so.

Whatever happens with this initiative Nick it won't be with the rsa interests to the fore, it will be again deliberate and with intent to suit TAT.

As for communication, please, they have again deliberately with intent shut out those who could certainly have influence towards what is right and fair and fit for purpose to suit the rsa, it is no accident or mistake for the actions that they have taken and are taking even now.

Do I trust them with regards to the best interests of the rsa, not for one minute. They need to come clean.

My signature, every single part of it is exactly what TAT portrays towards the rsa, let them tell you it's not, they won't

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thanks Phone.

Barry, yes, you're probably right on all counts but, as I said elsewhere, I'm prepared to be the butt of a few jokes and made to look a fool if it doesn't work....I'm still gonna give it a shot though!....If you don't ask, you don't get.

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

good luck with it Nick. I don't consider what you are attempting as a joke or should others think what you are doing should create something that could be construed as funny.

Phone, I make absolutely no apology for highlighting TAT's selfish attitude towards anglers they claim to represent, without one rsa rep btw. All they have achieved for the rsa is restrictions based on rubbish, they do not have anything of benefit, until they do, they can go hang.

Not just me saying it phone, mind you I do have more to say on this platform: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152963188347562&set=a.470448137561.257092.626267561&type=1&theater¬if_t=photo_reply

Edited by barry luxton
  • Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I can understand Barrys cynicism, (I've had the 'brick wall' treatment in the past), but I applaud you efforts Nick, and hope they bear fruit . If they don't, then at least it won't be from lack of effort on your part, and the ATr, will have shown their true colours to all concerned.

Good luck mate, I wish you well. :thumbs:

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Here's a subscription to their first freeby, Sea Angling News. If you don't want to subscribe then fair enough but please pass it on to any other interested parties....don't worry, you won't become a member!

http://www.anglingtrust.net/page.asp?section=819&sectionTitle=Subscribe+to+our+e-news

does that mean when you join. your counted as one of their rsa members of whatever club, so they can use that to prop up their falling rsa ,membership?

Remember one time where they said 100000 members per year.

No Barry, it's just a free subscription to a newsletter.

ok then Nick, I already receive their news letter by email.

I thought TAT was going to open the door for proper communication with the rsa, not a sanitised version of what they want the rsa to hear from them. Are they also going to head this up with their existing team of 3 because none of them are rsa reps, nor do they have the wit or knowledge to actually work with the real rsa.

So has TAT spoken with bullshine where the ceo claims on one hand communication is a huge problem for them, but offer nothing or no dedicated rsa reps in reply, something don't ring true to me. 2 million plus turnover with no rsa representation is not what I would class as a benefit for rsa. More of the same then.