Pike landing net recommendations.

wellyphant

Rubberised nets are great

:thumbs:

I have a little folding trout net that I'm thinking of coating with Plastidip to rubberise it. Might be an option if you can't find a rubberised mesh with a frame you like.

• Like 1

Ive got the Lumby mesh on both my 46" triangular bank net and my 30" round boat net. The mesh is good in that all though not rubberised it is very tightly woven and as such the trebles don't get caught in it. Only negative is that the mesh is a bit larges and you need to be carefull not to split fins. I recently bought the SG folding net to try it as a "roving" net for lure fishing/wobbling sessions along the Thames. The mesh is superb...but sadly the net itself wasn't for me. I needed a folding net I could erect single handed whilst playing a fish and also one I could reach the water with from embankments, sadly didn't fit any of these requirements! Recomended both though as only real options available (although I believe Fox does a rubberised mesh net, but its very expensive for what it is and like SG you cant just buy the mesh)

"Plastidip" Steve? talk to me!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

It's a rubberised coating, Budgie. Can be used as a dip in a can to recoat tool handles, or can be sprayed from an aerosol or spray gun as a coating. It's become very popular as a way of temporarily changing the colour of cars - if you spray it on a smooth, non-porous surface, you can just peel it off again. People have used it to rubberise nets, and on that surface it is permanent.

linky

Edited by Steve Walker
  • Like 1

To be honest, I've not tried it on a net yet! If I do that trout net, I'll let you know how I go on. It's been pretty easy to apply to other things, though. Just several coats, thin at first then thicker.

Cardip.co.uk is a similar product and cheaper, but still expensive delivery. I've only ever been able to get the stuff online, but I've been buying a few cans so the P&P hasn't been too horrendous. You can find it online from other suppliers at a better price, though, once P&P is taken into account.

It's the sort of stuff that you immediately start looking for uses for - non-slip coatings for landing net handles, etc.