Sea angling monthly

Martin Hurst

Mag is repetitive and has been for years!

OK Prowler 13 Angler - Yellow

Species Hunt: Bass, Bream, Bull Huss, Coalfish, Dogfish, Flounder, Grey Gurnard, Mackerel,

Pike, Pollack, Pouting, Whiting

Previous kayaks:

OK Drifter Angler

Cool Otter Impulse

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say b#llo~ks to them,

Have always been impressed with how you fellas prepare and plan your trips and the knowledge you have on your chosen sport.

I'd imagine most of you have more safety kit than, flares, VHF and clothing than most small boat anglers.

Shame on you Sea Dangler, Booooooooooooo ;)

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Like you say OKReally, nothing will hurt them more than blank advertising space :)

Somebody mentioned Dave Lewis, I have corresponded with him on numerous occassions, yes he is very interested in kayak fishing, I believe he has a Tarpon 140 for just that purpose.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen it in Sea Angler, but seeing how Russ has no interest in the sport then that may well be the reason.

I have seen this negativity before when I first started AnglersAfloat, most of the kayak manufacturers and distrubitors had no interest in Kayak Fishing, said it would go no where, there was only one that saw the true possibilities and I for one am thankful for their foresight. They continue to support the kayak fishing community and now others have started to follow.

Well done Johnson Outdoors and thanks for all the fish :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Am I bovered what they think.

To be honest, this forum seems to be a nice bunch of folk who happily share experience and ideas. Why do we need to be recognised by others?

Anyone who takes up the sport is welcomed on board, however if my local marks stay nice and quite through lack of publicity of our sport then all the better. Part of the reason i fish is to get some peace to relax and contemplate life, the universe and everything.

Rich

I agree with the comments above.

I would not buy a British mag unless I was desperate. If wanted to read a tackle catalogue then the internet holds a better and cheaper selection. Or if I wanted to see the "latest news" then I would buy a French fishing magazine where you can see new lures and techniques that will be successful here in 5 years time.

What remains worth reading is the inspirational stuff written by Darling, Ladle, Harris, etc as someone said above. That's what gets you out of bed at 3am to seek out that fish of a lifetime, or makes you think laterally beyond a string of feathers and the end of your local pier. Not picture of 1lb silver eel of a double shot of 4" dab.

Experience may not always lead to bigger fish, but it does often improve your b###s##t radar.

Iv'e seen small boat anglers launching at Herne Bay, in the winter, with no lifejackets, no wet or dry suits, because they don't think they are going in the drink, so they don't prepare for a dunking, wearing thigh waders, big coats, one outboard motor, no way of getting back if it fails, in open boats with no floatation added. Too many in a small boat.

They look like floating coffins to me. I feel safer in my gear, with radio clipped to me, with flares etc. and an engine that won't break down, and an unsinkable lump with ropes around it to hold on to.

I know where I feel safer, and it aint in a little 17 footer.

As for ' skippering' a tiny 17 foot boat, for goodness sake, it's hardly a cross channel ferry is it? Do people 'skipper' an air bed? A little 17 footer, ( and I have owned one, a Shetland 535) is not a big boat, it's very small, and no safer than a kayak.

People in this size of craft tend to think they can go out in bad weather, where a yakker would probably give it a miss.

Edited by maidstonemike

one outboard motor

who carries a spare paddle?

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

who keeps it tehered , except in the surf?

yes to both :sun:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

I had intended to write to SA to express my disappointment with the editors dismissive views, but having read all the comments here, I think I'll join the "f%&k it" camp, as Nifty mentioned. We're a nice, friendly (mostly), well-informed bunch on here, so who needs that to££%r and his rag jumping on the bandwagon :schmoll:

St Ouen is right about the British mags. I subscribe to an aussie mag and an alaskan mag and the editorial in both puts our tabloid style fishing mags to shame. Having said that I'll stick with BFM, at least for now....not least because it was Simon's initial article in there that brought yak fishing to my attention :)