Expensive Voles!

£135K to move 55 voles!

And why not?

A lot cheaper than the pointless culling of Oxyura jamaicensis, (the Ruddy Duck) - and the Voles are still alive.

• Like 1

A consultancy would likely charge in the region of £70/hr for a senior ecologist doing the job (he wouldn't get anything like that) so 6 months work...!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

And why not?

A lot cheaper than the pointless culling of Oxyura jamaicensis, (the Ruddy Duck) - and the Voles are still alive.

:doh: Could have got some perfectly competent volunteers to do the job for a lot less, perks for a friend of a friend I suspect. :doh:

:doh: Could have got some perfectly competent volunteers to do the job for a lot less, perks for a friend of a friend I suspect. :doh:

Unfortunately Norm, the world no longer works like that, your volunteers would have to be qualified in all manner of things and probably licensed to go within half a mile of a Water Vole: and who's going to ensure that they wear a life jacket once they're within sight of a puddle? ;)

Unfortunately Norm, the world no longer works like that, your volunteers would have to be qualified in all manner of things and probably licensed to go within half a mile of a Water Vole: and who's going to ensure that they wear a life jacket once they're within sight of a puddle? ;)

:clap3: A lot of volunteers are well qualified in a lot of things these days, it's just a matter of knowing the right people or having a funny handshake. :yucky: