AN ADVERT IN A NATIONAL NEWSPAPER TO LET ANGLERS KNOW WHATS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENCES

big_cod

Hi Henry,

“WHY CAN’T THEY LEAVE US ALONE?” I entirely agree. Unfortunately, for quite some time now, some anglers and angling representatives have been striving to be recognised; another ‘spin’ word being ‘stakeholders’, which also means ‘managed, controlled and licensed anglers’.

For the life of me, I can’t comprehend why more people don’t understand the concept that DEFRA, our government and the EU are not there to look after the valuable resource or make things better for all of us. Guess who they are there to make things better for? As Wurzel says, “… your licence fee will help keep them in the standard of living they have become accustomed to.”

Maybe when we start to recognise who the enemy really is, we may have more success in our fight.

JB

Hi John and Michele

Spot on.

I rest my case on my letter in the Fishing News this week maybe I should have wrote it for the anglers as well.

regards steve

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Localised debate on licences and bag limits in the new forum for fishing issues :

http://yalasa.proboards107.com/index.cgi

t’s a good forum if your face fit’s. :thumbs:

Unfortunately a bit like your forum glen. I am not allowed to take part. Just goes to show you how some folk are so one sided that there own paranoia prevents them from allowing everybody’s views. :headhurt:

I had to laugh when I read the doc saying how he wanted all views regardless of there significances. Then I get an e-mail saying I am bared before I have even had a chance to post. :clap2::clap2:

What sort of message does that send out? To me it sends out a message of back slapping and none confrontational discussion. :angry:

At least you sent me a reason for barring me off your forum. Even if you where totally wrong. :clap2:

Regards.

That’s brilliant glen, and I noticed that the lad said he had it scares a previous day. It nice to see that he got himself good night fishing and a good fry when he had the chance.

If it was up to others he would have had to return at least half of the good nights catch, so that a few bass representatives and people who fish in backwater lochs somewhere secluded on the west coast of Scotland could get a bit of a say when they come up against commercial representation.

It’s a dam shame.

Regards.

That's how the shore fishing goes John.

I've had nothing for ages. last cod was 3rd of Jan. Went out Sunday (couldnt go Monday as Lisa went to Kylie Gig), Tuesday, Wed and Thursday and caught ziltch, I climb up and down the cliff at Hawsker 3 times for absolutely nothing.

greenspring.jpg

Broke my bait flasks when I dropped my bag and got soaking wet. Then went on Sunday and caught these.

23poundbag.jpg

All over 4 pound as well.

Anyone suggesting I should put them back would get them slapped around their chops. Its an average of 1 fish per outing.

Edited by glennk

That's how the shore fishing goes John.

I've had nothing for ages. last cod was 3rd of Jan. Went out Sunday (couldnt go Monday as Lisa went to Kylie Gig), Tuesday, Wed and Thursday and caught ziltch, I climb up and down the cliff at Hawsker 3 times for absolutely nothing.

greenspring.jpg

Broke my bait flasks when I dropped my bag and got soaking wet. Then went on Sunday and caught these.

23poundbag.jpg

All over 4 pound as well.

Anyone suggesting I should put them back would get them slapped around their chops. Its an average of 1 fish per outing.

Hi glennk

quote/ 23poundbag.jpg

Times that average catch by the 400,000 anglers that target cod and bass per year and that comes to alot of fish, DEFRA have realised this and thats why a bag limits are on there way

steve

No Steve that's my average catch, but I ain't no average angler mate B) B) , 25 years of fishing, 15 plus years experience of cod fishing, Top bait lots of knowledge and I know my marks and conditions inside out - would your average angler descend those cliffs ? I couldn't see another person from where I fished.

Nice try Steve but you will have to try a little harder mate at the moment your in the same league as that guy who keeps writing equally silly stuff to Leon's sfc.

Keep watching though Steve - the truth about anglers catches is being worked on.

My average catch for this season is 0....... and Im fishing many of the marks Glenn fishes and some not all that far away. Ive been down Boulby cliff twice this year and still not had a cod. Last year I think my average was about .25 fish per trip. Im talking about cod here. I do get the odd rockling/whiting and the occasional flatty off the beach. I seem to be getting lots bites but not hooking any fish.

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

No Steve that's my average catch, but I ain't no average angler mate B) B) , 25 years of fishing, 15 plus years experience of cod fishing, Top bait lots of knowledge and I know my marks and conditions inside out - would your average angler descend those cliffs ? I couldn't see another person from where I fished.

Nice try Steve but you will have to try a little harder mate at the moment your in the same league as that guy who keeps writing equally silly stuff to Leon's sfc.

Keep watching though Steve - the truth about anglers catches is being worked on.

Hi glen

As you know if i go fishing every thing i catch goes back, people like steve g and wurzel cant argue with that! no matter what they think they know, there is a significant amount of the rsa that does the same :thumbs: admittedly these rsa's sport fish for species like shark/hounds/mullet/bass etc, cod is always going to be a different matter though unfortunately for you guys up north and i truly dont no the answer to that, but i do think in the long run that measures if they were ever to get through like those contained in the bmp will help with other species and maybe that may include the cod of the north sea? who knows? cheers........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

My average catch for this season is 0....... and Im fishing many of the marks Glenn fishes and some not all that far away. Ive been down Boulby cliff twice this year and still not had a cod. Last year I think my average was about .25 fish per trip. Im talking about cod here. I do get the odd rockling/whiting and the occasional flatty off the beach. I seem to be getting lots bites but not hooking any fish.

Fish seem to be feeding on fresh lug, and lots of it Rob. Keep trying mate and you will get them. Robin hoods bay has been the spot this year because all the winds have been southerly which seems to draw them into that area. Having just had a run of northerlies it wouldn't surprise me if your next trip to Boulby was a more fruitful one.

Has there been any suggestion on what the actual bag limits would be? 2 fish or 10 fish? Is it the same for all species or species specific? Is it region-specific set by local SFC's?

There seems to be a lot of conjecture about what bag limits will/will not be.

Hi rob ,

off to boulby tonight in our club match its been fishing down there mate the spot has been lacking northerly swell all winter so fingers crossed tonight might click one or two, rob get yoursely down kayton bay on the next sea there is rumour of monster in flintens harbour been lost off a couple of times so he might be still there.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg