actual fishing!

Happy Dude

because of the weather and time of year there doesn't seem to be many folks out catching.

we always try to get a day out for skate between during the xmas/newyear holidays,

managed out in a wee window in the weather last week on the 28th.

travelled up and met my mates with their boat at oban

took my oldest son liam and mate billy who's not caught a big flat thing before and gave him first strike which came after about 2 hours just as the tide was dying.

it had 3 goes before he hooked it,

RIMG0324.jpg

a nice male fish of 107lb

RIMG0325.jpg

liam and billy returning him

RIMG0328.jpg

a little while later i had a bite on my new rod that jabee had built for me, had it on for about 1 minute and it came off, dropped back down and 2 minutes later hooked up a nice male fish of 117lb christening my new rod which is quite a bit lighter than my usual skate rods and it took it fine, no photos as i've had bigger and i like to get the ish back in the water ASAP

bit later on liam hooked up and brought up a little butterfly of 22lb 10oz, pretty wee thing too....the skate that is :yeah::P

RIMG0329.jpg

my mates on another boat had 1 fish at 109lb for their skate virgin so it was mission accomplished for both boats :thumbs:

i'm was hoping to get another trip in before i go back to work, but not on the current forecast :yucky::angry:

hoping to get to etive on sunday though, fingers crossed

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good report Happy Dude :thumbs: Will I see you over on the Mull of Galloway again this year??

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Good report Happy Dude :thumbs: Will I see you over on the Mull of Galloway again this year??

hi john,

yes, i should be over about end of may-early june for some tope action, weather permitting of course <_<

are you fetching yourself up to davy's for a go at the big girls this year??

les

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

hi john,

yes, i should be over about end of may-early june for some tope action, weather permitting of course <_<

are you fetching yourself up to davy's for a go at the big girls this year??

les

Linda indicated that I was pencilled in for about the Easter :thumbs: Really looking forward to that one I can tell you Les

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Nice picts Les glad someone is getting out and catching as well.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Nice big Skate there ---- at least winding them big things up will keep you warm at this time of year :-)

Ive had three shore fishing trips over the past week - On Wednesday, a 2-3 hours fishing a mark that produced 10 Dabs, On Saturday another mark where we had five Thornbacks from 5.5 lbs up to 8.5 lbs, a LSD, a few Coalfish, a Flounder, and a 3 Bearded Rockling, and yesterday I went to drop of tea bags to pals that were fishing close by to me, and I took my rod for just under an hours fishing, I got 7-8 Coalfish and a wee Pollack for my troubles :)

Weather for the rest of the week up here is looking nasty, hopefully will change by the weekend.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Linda indicated that I was pencilled in for about the Easter :thumbs: Really looking forward to that one I can tell you Les

nice one snatcher , myself an my crew are up there 12th-15th april thurs to sun of the easter week so might be able to get a wee refreshment organised !! :thumbs::thumbs: