Worbarrow bay, Dorset.

codshead

A couple of years ago I was told to fish Worbarrow bay on a rising tide with HW around 11pm give or take an hour on a full moon in or around january/ febuary for some winter pollack, from the beach, which I duly did and had a great nights fishing, the fella a couple of hundred yards away bagged a 12lb'er. Now I fancy returning with me yak, I hav'ent yet looked at the tides or corresponding dates, but could any one tell me the best launch spot, plus any other bits and bobs I might need to know, I think a few of you have fished this venue, if my memory serves me right , I think you launched from Lulworth cove. Anyway thanks in advance :thumbs:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years ago I was told to fish Worbarrow bay on a rising tide with HW around 11pm give or take an hour on a full moon in or around january/ febuary for some winter pollack, from the beach, which I duly did and had a great nights fishing, the fella a couple of hundred yards away bagged a 12lb'er. Now I fancy returning with me yak, I hav'ent yet looked at the tides or corresponding dates, but could any one tell me the best launch spot, plus any other bits and bobs I might need to know, I think a few of you have fished this venue, if my memory serves me right , I think you launched from Lulworth cove. Anyway thanks in advance :thumbs:

Hiya mate.

You can launch from Lulworth and Paddle round to worbarrow,thats if the ranges are open.But it might be easier to park in the National trust car park in the village at Warbarrow and cart your Kayak straight to the bay.Thats what I would do if it was me.

zzippy2.gif

Hiya mate.

You can launch from Lulworth and Paddle round to worbarrow,thats if the ranges are open.But it might be easier to park in the National trust car park in the village at Warbarrow and cart your Kayak straight to the bay.Thats what I would do if it was me.

had a 5 3/4 lber myself at Kimmeridge last winter from the yak,think it was january (the post is on here somewhere)---biggest I've had,that was a night fish too!

have paddled from Kimmeridge to fish Worbarrow as has Darnsarf (the Worbarrow area expert)not a short paddle though

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Have fished from the shore there (for pollack too a few winters ago) but haven't launched from the bay. I think the place to launch is in the corner of the beach near the end of the path.

This cropped chart should give you an idea of the depths.

worbarrow.jpg

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Thanks lads,

Zzippy,

I did think that its probably easier to haul it down to the beach from the car park, but it does get crowded down there , and I did'nt want some disgruntled shore angler lobbing weights at me as I return/leave(at least it was when I was there)

Richi

what did you get it on , I had a lot of success with squid heads, plus was told to fish a sandeel for rays, I did get a classic ray bite , but no fish.

i believe there is a wreck in the area called the black hawk, i got the numbers off a dive site which says that it is 3 miles from the nearest slip at kimmeridge but reports say its in the bay.

2007, bass, pout, silver eel

i believe there is a wreck in the area called the black hawk, i got the numbers off a dive site which says that it is 3 miles from the nearest slip at kimmeridge but reports say its in the bay.
that's true mike but in the summer the diveboats queue up to dive it :wallbash:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...=57261&st=0

As I recall there were a couple of posts after this about trips from the National Trust car park serving Warbarrow just north as Mark says in the village (Tyneham) but they involved manhandling the kayaks onto the beach in a two-man operation.

You can also paddle round from Kimmeridge but that is a bit further than from Lulworth.

As Richi says...the 'Cat in the Hat' is the expert on this area :rolleyes: Or should that be 'The Man in the Cat Hat'? :rolleyes:

Moonyaker

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)