Worbarrow bay, Dorset.

codshead

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pollock - on the fly - at night. Now there's a sporting prospect! Got some special pollock flies in my box ready for just such an occassion!

Given good weather i would drive down to try it with you chaps. At the moment the roof is pulling the nails out of the rafters up here.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

It's a long hike down to the beach from the car park, you might like to take two sets of wheels and use the yak like a go-kart on the way down :D

There are several good marks in and around the bay, there's a deep hole which is worth dropping a bait into or so I've been told :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Thanks lads,

Zzippy,

I did think that its probably easier to haul it down to the beach from the car park, but it does get crowded down there , and I did'nt want some disgruntled shore angler lobbing weights at me as I return/leave(at least it was when I was there)

Richi

what did you get it on , I had a lot of success with squid heads, plus was told to fish a sandeel for rays, I did get a classic ray bite , but no fish.

we thought that it would be easier down the path at worbarrow too :wallbash: never again

got the pollack on full squid with a hokkia head and a booby bead above the bait---also caught a P.B.Bullhuss that night

fished 2 rods both with squid but didn't get a bite on the one without the hokkia &booby bead---here I go again,I won't have any secret information at this rate :wallbash::D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

we thought that it would be easier down the path at worbarrow too :wallbash: never again

got the pollack on full squid with a hokkia head and a booby bead above the bait---also caught a P.B.Bullhuss that night

fished 2 rods both with squid but didn't get a bite on the one without the hokkia &booby bead---here I go again,I won't have any secret information at this rate :wallbash::D

So would that night be in January Richi. We need a bull huss on the 13/14th of this January!!!!!!

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

If you are hauling your Kayak on a scupper trolley the walk from the NT carpark is hard work. However if you have a CTug or equivalent then once you balance the yak its not too bad and possible. However, the haul from the beach up to the track is definately a 2 man job and knackering at that. Also, due to illegal raves taking place at Tyneham village they now lock the carpark at 10pm, re opening at 0830. You could always leave a note saying that you are happy to be locked in. This is also the reason why not a lot of shore fishing takes place there anymore.

The Black Hawk is about half a mile out from the bay and spread over a 300m area. This is due to repeated attempts to blow it up. The divers say that the biggest piece is only about 6ft high. If you look at the map you will see a small wreck just off the tout. This is a small barge that sank there and can be seen on a finder.

The weather and geology plays an important role at Warbarrow. It is open to all S-NW winds and can be difficult for all sorts of reasons in a wind over 13mph. However, if the wind is from any other direction you can normally find a sheltered spot.

Paddling from Kimmeridge is possible but you can find yourself paddling against wind and tide on the flood making it hard work. Also you cannot park overnight (private estate).

Paddling from Lulworth is the easier option but again you need the weather on your side. You get a confused sea along the cliffs leading from Lulworth to Mupe Rock. Certainly any S-NW wind over 13mph makes the trip unpredictable (Richi will confirm this). This is the same spot where 2 lads were washed off the cliffs by a freak wave a year or so ago.

In my experience it does not fish well on springs but fishes through the tide cycle at other times.

Due to the Ranges being in use you will not be able to fish on the 11th but the comp dates of 13-14 will be possible if the weather is OK. (Subject to any weekend firing. Contact Portland Coastguard). If the weather is good enough I would be happy to show you around and fish the comp from there.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

So would that night be in January Richi. We need a bull huss on the 13/14th of this January!!!!!!

Going to try Portland or Chessil cove for a Bull huss on the 13/14th :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

14th is BASS committee meeting day in Bristol - I can't miss this one as it is the AGM sorting one. That means I can't fish the comp :schmoll:

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

It was January GB---now there's a thought :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5