Kent and Essex SFC & bag limits on anglers

At the last statutory meeting of the Kent and Essex sea fisheries committee , following a request from Defra , to the Association of sea fisheries committees to assist with the creation bylaws for bag limits on anglers.

A decision was made , that the KESFC will be having a technical panel meeting on the 16th January at 10:30am at the Belmont Suite, The Thurrock Hotel, Aveley, Essex, to discuss bag limits on anglers.

This is a closed meeting, not open to members of the public

For further information on SFC’s and bag limits on anglers see

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...or_Anglers.html

If you wish your opinions to be known , please email the Kent and Essex sfc’ at

Chief fisheries officer is Joss.Wiggins@Kent.gov.uk

Clerk is Joan.Taylor@kent.gov.uk

Telephone 01843 585310 or 01206 303261

Cheers

Tom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the last statutory meeting of the Kent and Essex sea fisheries committee , following a request from Defra , to the Association of sea fisheries committees to assist with the creation bylaws for bag limits on anglers.

A decision was made , that the KESFC will be having a technical panel meeting on the 16th January at 10:30am at the Belmont Suite, The Thurrock Hotel, Aveley, Essex, to discuss bag limits on anglers.

This is a closed meeting, not open to members of the public

For further information on SFC’s and bag limits on anglers see

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...or_Anglers.html

If you wish your opinions to be known , please email the Kent and Essex sfc’ at

Chief fisheries officer is Joss.Wiggins@Kent.gov.uk

Clerk is Joan.Taylor@kent.gov.uk

Telephone 01843 585310 or 01206 303261

Cheers

Tom

Is this all part of the enhancement for the rsa experiance. I can't believe i'm reading this cr..p. Hands up all those who wants bag limmits. :schmoll:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Even though the meeting isn't open to the public, I'm sure the committee members who will be attending would appreciate it if a large number of sea anglers turned up to make sure they know what we think about bag limits.

I believe that no matter what is decided at the secret squirrels/don't tell anyone/you ain't seen me meeting, the issue will have to go before the full committee at a quarterly statutory meeting before anything gets decided, and we can definately get inside that one.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

You know all this business really amazes me. Private meetings and undercover crap. Talking to me mate big cod yesterday and although he sees more anglers in a year through his business than some people have Sunday dinners he cant get an invite into the next defra meeting about the sea angling strategy. Poor show if you ask me.

Wish I lived closer boys I'd come stand outside the meeting with you. Will you keep me informed of how it goes and get some pictures of you all stood outside the closed doors.

Wish I lived closer boys I'd come stand outside the meeting with you. Will you keep me informed of how it goes and get some pictures of you all stood outside the closed doors.

All Sea Fisheries Committees will be considering this proposal.

Some already have!

Make sure you find out when your's is and get along to the meetings, and write in with your views.

If your SFC applies for a byelaw it has to go for public consultation before DEFRA confirms it.

Watch out for it being advertised (usually in the back pages of Fishing News) and again let DEFRA and the SFC know your views.

(It's a very good idea to keep a close eye on your SFC, they manage the inshore fishery and affect your catches, and you might be surprised at how some of the discussions go, even in the Statutory meetings where the public are usually allowed, and which recieve, discuss, and act on the advice of closed technical panel meetings)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Dear Mr Wiggins,

Although I do not live in your area and will not be effected by proposed bag limits I am very concerned that you are being asked to consider introducing a law to restrict the catches of anglers. To the best of my knowledge there is no scientific data available showing a link between sea angling and fish stocks. The catches of most anglers are so small that if they fished non stop all year long they still couldn't impact on fish stocks.

If, as has been suggested on a few occasions, such laws are to be used to clamp down on illegal sale of fish surely there are other ways to do this without impacting on innocent anglers who only wish to enjoy their hobby as they always have done - unregulated.

I urge you to follow common sense on this issue and say no to introducing bag limits for sea anglers in your area.

Kind regards - Glenn Kilpatrick

Edited by glennk

What evidense have they got to say bag limits will make a **** of diiference it is absolutly disgusting what a pile of *******.

If this this crime actually comes off it will an end to angling as we know it.

Belive me if this happens up here we are all doomed bag limits on anglers how the **** dare they.

A MAN WITH A ROD AND LINE WILL NEVER DAMAGE ANY FISHERIE.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

What evidense have they got to say bag limits will make a **** of diiference it is absolutly disgusting what a pile of *******.

If this this crime actually comes off it will an end to angling as we know it why the hell do the faroes only fish with hooks in there inshore fisherie simply because it is a conservation way of fishing and you have an healthy stock .

Belive me if this happens up here we are all doomed bag limits on anglers how the **** dare they.

A MAN WITH A ROD AND LINE WILL NEVER DAMAGE ANY FISHERIE.

Hi Paul,

I thought the man you spoke to at DEFRA said this was so far off it wasn't worth worrying about ???

Cheers - Glenn