An Alliance Between Anglers And Commercials?

stavey

Guest @AUTUMN@

Speaks for itself that comment wurzel.

Anglers are an easy going non judgemental bunch who although might see your ideas as rather mad, would not want to do you any harm for having them.

Could you do me and the others here a favour and let me know what you would think would happen to geffaz if he repeated what he just said in Whitby fishermens club. You must have some thought on the issue otherwise you wouldnt have brought it up.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest binatone
The 2 situations are a world apart as well you know. If you want to keep harping on about offshore being better than inshore by all means do. All I said was I find it boring.

Suggesting geffaz go get his head kicked in down the fishermens club is a very different ball game indeed.

Me niether.

'The surest sign that there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact you @autumn@

Jaffa - The problem I have is constant business promotion rather than a discussion on fishing. There is no way of proving where fishes best and when, and to be frank I dont care a toss, I hate boat fishing as I always throw up (uptiding being the exception as I love it, but still throw up). Saying the inshore grounds are knackered and those off shore are fantastic is rubbish ( atrip on the charter boat pontoon at 4-5 pm will show you otherwise) and also damaging to the livlihoods of those many guys who work inshore. Im sure there are better ways to promote yourself than that. There were many here, all regulers who once commented on thier offshore experiences and I trust thier word. Strangely enough what was said was suddenly removed from this forum. I wonder why??? Damaging to business perhaps. Strange what happens when the boot is on the other foot. About time this sillyness stopped and we (me included) all got on with discussing fishing.

@Autumn@, the Scots fleet have not headed for grounds like Ekofisk for years for the scenery :) It is indeed possible to say where the fishing is best, but that is not the same as saying where a sea angler would get the best day out surely?

If, in your and Big Cods view, there is a problem in the way John and Michelle advertise, and its damaging the inshore sector at Whitby (which everyone seems to agree is one of the best areas in the UK for Cod fishing however you look at it) then why not speak to them and sort it out instead of all this slagging over the net?

I doubt that if John has caused a problem he meant harm? Prob just advertsing and trying to differentiate his business in the way he thought best; no different to the stuff all of us have to try and figure and get wrong often. Why not promote both ? They are very different experiences and their surely has to be room for both?

Im sure there are some people who would not have enjoyed a three day offshore experience, and all the deprivations that go with that.

Loads of divers travel to the Red sea to dive. Some stay in resorts like Eilat and want easy and good diving, but a restaurant and hotel bed every night. Plenty of others want week long extended trips, where the experience of diving in new and remote areas, and the whole thing of being part of a "crew", with all its highlights and "hardships", is their buzz.

To be fair IMHO it was you and Big Cod that laid into John long before I'd imagine he even knew this forum existed. Its beyond me why you don't all get togeather, and come up with a joint marketing stratergy, so that Big Cod passes the real keen ones, who want to experience something different, onto John, while John points the lads that find extended trips were not what they expected to you guys.

They are different markets and you lads will all benefit by working as one IMHO. OTOH I've never run a charter business, never lived in Whitby...... Maybe Norm would be the one to sort you out :)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Guest binatone
The more I here from you the more I am convinced you are on some form of psychedelic mind altering drug.

When arguing with a fool make sure he isn't doing the same

Guest @AUTUMN@

The thing is jaffa. No one has slagged john off. Do you see it???

Once again jaffa you say something with no evidence behind it that could cause more trouble than it solves. If I remember rightly bc refused to have anything to do with that topic as he would not get drawn into it and I said 2 things both of which were true as Im sure john will confirm for you. Anything else was said by other people most of them regulers. As for laying into anyone ????? Give it a rest. I now understand why you had to seek the help of your solicitor for what you said in the other forum here. If your going to make such bold statements your going to have to provide some evidence. Im still waiting for some evidence to your earlier claims.