NFFO slams Seafish appointments

seaside

It’s certain recreational bodies that seam to clutch to straws (condemning commercial fishermen for there own recreational results) rather than commercial fishermen blaming recreational anglers for the lack of cod in there area.

Hi Challenge

Have you any idea just how ridiculous that statement is? Do you really believe what you've written there or are you just jumping on the band wagon?

Cheers

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Hi Challenge

Have you any idea just how ridiculous that statement is? Do you really believe what you've written there or are you just jumping on the band wagon?

Cheers

If you where to read what I put at the beginning of the post (in this part of the world) then perhaps you could understands what I am trying to say. If you still think that it sounds ridicules then you obviously know commercial fishermen better from my part of the world than I do

And what band wagon would that be then Steve?

Regards.

If you where to read what I put at the beginning of the post (in this part of the world) then perhaps you could understands what I am trying to say. If you still think that it sounds ridicules then you obviously know commercial fishermen better from my part of the world than I do

And what band wagon would that be then Steve?

Regards.

Fair comment Challenge, I've just re-read your post and admit that i misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry.

The bandwagon I'm talking about is the series of wind ups going on about what effect anglers are having on fish stocks.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
Yes, but by limiting the RSA take, that reduces the UK track record on which the future UK quota might be allocated, handing future fish to the French etc.

It would be far better to allow the recreational fishery to continue unrestricted, and bump up the estimated take as much as possible, so that when it is later included in the total UK catch (commercial+recreational), the UK is allocated a better slice of the quota cake.

Once the quota is allocated to the UK, then we can have the argument about how much is given to the catching sector, and how much is given to the recreational sector, always bearing in mind that a reduction in the total track record will result in a reduced UK quota in future years.

I shall look forward to catching my sole quota, I do like sole, and I will feel that I'm doing my bit for Britain :)

you will have to start catching to keep up with these lads. :clap2::clap2:http://www.seafish.org/upload/file/fishing/Pelagic_ship.JPG

Steve,

I'll do the jokes,!

Even suggesting that the RSA take is anywhere near the volume of the inshore commercials is ridiculous. An inshore boat netting or rod/line thoughout the summer will be out at least 5 days a week. Even if they only catch 10 keepers a day (a bad day!) that is 50 minimum a week/200 month. I have seen first hand 1 boat take hundreds of bass from a single area. Also the rod/line charters that are NOT RSA's but commercials working portland race and other hotspots are capable of catching thousands of fish over the good tides and will keep everything they catch.

The problem is the current laws are not enforced as they are, introducing bag limits for RSA is meaningless and will not effect fish stocks at all, even it was enforced.

The commercials must be clutching at straws if their best excuse for reduced stocks are RSA's.

JRT

Hi JRT, I think the portland race is a fantastic place for the bass, any fish the commercial sector catches they are welcome to as are the rsa. Because it is not possible to net the race the commercial work along side us rsa anglers and catch them with the same method as we do. I cannot see the problem with that.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

You're having a laugh Steve. Is that the propaganda that the commercials are going to use now to cover up the damage that they've done over the years, now that it's all coming on top? It's laughable Steve, and about as believable as you saying commercial fishing hasn't damaged the fish stocks.

Reminds me of that Iraqi PR man denying there had been an invasion while American tanks were going past in the back ground.

Hi Steve

What planet have you been living on. Anglers 1.5 million of them have been colllectively taken hugh amounts of fish per year for decades.

Just look through the anglers magazines back through the decades proves it.

In my area there is no commercial fishing effort on the wrecks just anglers and they have fished them all out, the anglers have caught and taken ashore all the cod, pollock, ling,conger they have ruined their own sport and yours by their over zealous actions

Do not try to cover up the actions of your FELLOW anglers by trying to TELL me that I am having a laugh or giving out propaganda it is YOU that is doing that to try and hide or mask the hugh amount of fish that anglers catch collectively through out the country every years

regards steve

Hi Steve

What planet have you been living on. Anglers 1.5 million of them have been colllectively taken hugh amounts of fish per year for decades.

In my area there is no commercial fishing effort on the wrecks just anglers and they have fished them all out, the anglers have caught and taken ashore all the cod, pollock, ling,conger they have ruined their own sport and yours by their over zealous actions

Do not try to cover up the actions of your FELLOW anglers by trying to TELL me that I am having a laugh or giving out propaganda it is YOU that is doing that to try and hide or mask the hugh amount of fish that anglers catch collectively through out the country every years

regards steve

When the weather permits i try and go wreck fishing once possibly twice a month, this is up and down the channel. I have found that the fishing is diverse and plentifull. If the fishing is slow, move on to the next wreck. I have never known the wrecks to be fished out. Last year i spent five hours on one occasion, twenty five miles out looking for a wreck to fish that wasn't netted. It does work both ways. Due to the weather i last went wreck fishing over three months ago. That must count for something regarding conservation. No rsa i know take conger, once my cool bag is full i have no problem in giving fish to others on the boat who haven't caught as much as me.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Steve

regards steve

Yeah, whateva! :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Don't drink and drive.

you will have to start catching to keep up with these lads. :clap2::clap2:http://www.seafish.org/upload/file/fishing/Pelagic_ship.JPG

Thats not a boat, it is a submarine.