A Nice Catch of Mullet

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: And I should imagine that they'd be sold as fertiliser or depress the market for mullet. That's Corwall's anglers mullet gone for a few years then, no point in anglers going there to fish for mullet for a few years, say 10. :angry:

The Chinese consider grey mullet a fine eating fish.

My local Fish market tell me that the Chinese buy all the mullet they can get.

Yes they do and I am sure that they do.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The Chinese consider grey mullet a fine eating fish.

My local Fish market tell me that the Chinese buy all the mullet they can get.

Yes they do and I am sure that they do.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Feb 2 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:angry: And I should imagine that they'd be sold as fertiliser or depress the market for mullet. That's Corwall's anglers mullet gone for a few years then, no point in anglers going there to fish for mullet for a few years, say 10. :angry:

That's a typical anglers perspective. In reality it was one shoal in one little bay, probably a very very small dent in the overall stock. I believe it's not the first time, over the years they have had simula hauls.

I fish to live and live to fish.

That's a typical anglers perspective. In reality it was one shoal in one little bay, probably a very very small dent in the overall stock. I believe it's not the first time, over the years they have had simula hauls.

Hello Peter

Sorry to say it mate, but that's a typical commercial fishermans perspective too. It may be one shoal in one small bay, and it may make little difference to the overall stock, but what if you were an angler who had fished that little bay for mullet for years and enjoyed the sport? That one bay might have been a top mullet mark for many anglers and now it's f*cked. And for what?

To the commercial fisherman it's just another shoal of fish, or just another pay day. To an angler it's another fishing mark ruined by nets.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.