If you think bag limits are just for Bass...............

I don't think that bag limits can be enforced on most of us!

If a charter boat comes assure with a freezer full of fish that the skipper says is for anglers to take a few home if they have a bad day, who will know when they were caught?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that bag limits can be enforced on most of us!

If a charter boat comes assure with a freezer full of fish that the skipper says is for anglers to take a few home if they have a bad day, who will know when they were caught?

It's a load of balderdash, It would be impossible to control, they would have to police the shore, piers, rivers, ports at all times of the day and night. They even know it but to save face and take the cowards way out they will vote for it. Can you imagine the suits saying no to thier masters who pay them?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Steve,

The commercial fishermen are angry about the bmp, (whether it impacts on their catches or not and for how long is debatable - but a separate issue - they are not happy bunnies) So Its hardly surprising that through sfc's, where they have the power, they are getting their own back - or should I say trying to get their own back. I agree with you we must stick together which is why I have written to these sfc's and expressed my concern about the bag limits they are being asked to consider. I wrote to your sfc not so long back - so believe me I'm right behind you.

There is interesting thread running on the yalasa forum about nfsa, northern anglers and uniting anglers etc. I aren't sure its possible. I would like it to happen but were all so far apart on so many issues. The person uniting us would in my eyes be a genious. I still have bitter memories of being called a neanderthal by some anglers from the south - I struggle to motivate myself to join up with them now, its only the like of you Steve that motivate me - At times I feel like saying they've made their bed and now they must lie in it.

Did we ever find out what the nfsa stance is on all of this ?

Impossible to control the traditional way maybe but....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon

The Panopticon is a type of prison building designed by English philosopher Jeremy Bentham in the late eighteenth century. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the prisoners being able to tell if they are being observed or not, thus conveying a "sentiment of an invisible omniscience." In his own words, Bentham described the Panopticon as "a new mode of obtaining power of mind over mind, in a quantity hitherto without example." :unsure:

ERRRR, Is that the same as gill tags, cause tha'll work.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Glenn

I know you're doing everything you can, and I'm sure all anglers appreciate it regardless of where they live. I know I do. We should all back each other on every issue, even those that don't directly effect us. There are between 1 and 2 million of us, if the figures are to be believed. We could be a force to be reckoned with if only we could all pull in the same direction. That should come from the top, but unfortunately it's those of us at the bottom that have had to scratch and claw to get things sorted out recently.

As for the NFSA, I believe Leon has posted a link to their response to the strategy document on the forum somewhere.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hi Glenn

I know you're doing everything you can, and I'm sure all anglers appreciate it regardless of where they live. I know I do. We should all back each other on every issue, even those that don't directly effect us. There are between 1 and 2 million of us, if the figures are to be believed. We could be a force to be reckoned with if only we could all pull in the same direction. That should come from the top, but unfortunately it's those of us at the bottom that have had to scratch and claw to get things sorted out recently.

I agree with the above. My attitude might change to being very stroppy if the vote is for bag limits on monday as i will then know that the 'p' is being taken. Then we shall fight them on the beaches etc.

Guest challenge
Impossible to control the traditional way maybe but....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon

The Panopticon is a type of prison building designed by English philosopher Jeremy Bentham in the late eighteenth century. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the prisoners being able to tell if they are being observed or not, thus conveying a "sentiment of an invisible omniscience." In his own words, Bentham described the Panopticon as "a new mode of obtaining power of mind over mind, in a quantity hitherto without example." :unsure:

I have to agree with that statement.

Of the millions of course fishermen that go coarse fishing there are not many that dare go at it unlicensed.

I have had a license now for years and have never been checked once. But there is no way I would risk a criminal record never mined a fine just for the sake of buying a licence.

It might be very difficult to enforce and implement. But the deterrent would be there and the enjoyment of doing something that is in many ways unrestricted would take away a part of the RSA enjoyment.

Regards.

Did we ever find out what the nfsa stance is on all of this ?

They are looking at it.

(Might be that if local anglers oppose a local bag limit byelaw that isn't for good conservation reasons, and applied proportionately to all who take fish, they will finance a legal challenge).

Suggest that everyone write out a cheque for (say) £10 and send it to the NFSA with the condition that the money is only to be used to fund the legal defence of anglers' rights.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest challenge
They are looking at it.

(Might be that if local anglers oppose a local bag limit byelaw that isn't for good conservation reasons, and applied proportionately to all who take fish, they will finance a legal challenge).

Suggest that everyone write out a cheque for (say) £10 and send it to the NFSA with the condition that the money is only to be used to fund the legal defence of anglers' rights.

Pay the NFSA? Don’t they already get plenty of money from the tax payer through sport England? A GOVERNMENT body.

That’s why the government will only talk to this body and you lot at SACN have to go hand in hand with what the NFSA say and do regard to RSA issues.

Regards.

Pay the NFSA? Don’t they already get plenty of money from the tax payer through sport England? A GOVERNMENT body.

That’s why the government will only talk to this body and you lot at SACN have to go hand in hand with what the NFSA say and do regard to RSA issues.

Regards.

The money from Sport England can only be spent on Sport Development, ie youth training and competitions etc, and comes with a lot of strings attached that involves paperwork and standards etc.

The money that comes from membership fees mainly goes towards paying administrative staff, membership services, rent etc.

That leaves very little over for what most members have said they would like to see the NFSA concentrating upon - conservation!

However, a Conservation Fund has been established which is 'ring-fenced', it can only be used for conservation and political work (and it can't draw upon any of the money supplied by Sport England).

So donations to the NFSA Conservation Fund, are all used to finance conservation work, and can't be touched, even if the NFSA cannot afford the rent, or to pay the electricity bills.

(er, Your reading of the relationship of SACN & NFSA and the ability of SACN to independently represent it's membership and their interests is ... er, faulty)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust