Does Bob cox need to see a docter ?

glennk

Hi Challenge, What made you give that up, did you consider it poor wages, lack of fish, too many restrictions even then? You must be in a pretty good paying job now to forsake that kind of wages in 89. Pro-rata you must be on 50-60 k.

Just to put things in perspective, John Prescott is on over £100K plus expenses.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
Hi Challenge, What made you give that up, did you consider it poor wages, lack of fish, too many restrictions even then? You must be in a pretty good paying job now to forsake that kind of wages in 89. Pro-rata you must be on 50-60 k.

barry.

As I have said before (when I was accused of being a failed commercial fisherman) I left the industry because I wanted a change. I went into the oil industry, where I started on less money, but through promotions etc I soon started earning more money than I was in the fishing industry and only had to work six months a year.

One thing that I did not get in the oil industry that I got in the fishing industry was the job satisfaction and the enjoyment that I got catching fish for a living. Working with some great people who had a love and understanding for the job that I have never witnessed on that scale since.

Regards.

barry.

As I have said before (when I was accused of being a failed commercial fisherman) I left the industry because I wanted a change. I went into the oil industry, where I started on less money, but through promotions etc I soon started earning more money than I was in the fishing industry and only had to work six months a year.

One thing that I did not get in the oil industry that I got in the fishing industry was the job satisfaction and the enjoyment that I got catching fish for a living. Working with some great people who had a love and understanding for the job that I have never witnessed on that scale since.

Regards.

I hope you wasn't accused of being a failed commercial while earning that much per year in 89 as it wouldn't be true would it. If you are happy in your job and are getting a fair wack, that's as much as you can do, fair play. It must be a good crack now though doing what you are doing.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I'm not aware of any destroyed fish stocks any where around our shores.

The River Dee flounder stock has been decimated by a handful of selfish netters fishing for pot bait. As they are fishing well inside the estuary the SFC and the EA both refuse to accept responsibility (as that would mean spending money on something they couldn't care less about) so no-one is prepared to do anything about it, or even monitor what they are doing.

So now you ARE aware! And notice that this has been done by literally half a dozen guys in under 10m boats. Fish stocks are not as infinite and self replenishing as you would like to have us believe.

Guest challenge

Hi Barry.

I have been accused of being quite a few things on here. if you don’t fall into there categories or you don’t tick there boxes when you are talking about commercial fishing, then they don’t tend to believe you or try and discredit you for the simple reason that there perception of commercial fishing and commercial fishermen isn’t the same as there’s. I can only tell them how it was for me when I was in the industry.

Torag.

I would say that out of the twenty or so boats that where trawling from Whitby in 1989 that we where in the top six, I think about forth in earnings that year.

Remember I was only a crewman and had no shares in the boat.

I don't know enough about it Steve to be able to comment either way. I posted this on my forum and as usual the replies came back no way !!!! Perhaps the people up here just want things as they are now ?

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,199.0.html

Thats probably cos you've still got fish Glenn, down here they're a bit harder to come by. How is your fishing at the moment by the way, I am encouraged to see what you do with the juniors........I'd like to talk to you about generating interest down south sometime