RSA Strategy Update

glennk

At least we get to choose our colour of collar :) , well for a limited time, but hell ! who cares about the kids rights......

Couple of thoughts:

If the "evil commercials" have so much power over fisheries (a constant theme of RSA reps) then how come the Scots fleet has been reduced by 60%.

IME that fleet entered into the world of quotas et al with good intentions, because they thought it would do them good at the end of the day; but the screws got turned ever tighter and all the things they wanted to avoid, the management turned into reality. Quotas are now owned by banks and multinationals, fish dependant area councils are finding they have no real control over what happens in water that community assumed was their own.

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we not leave the commercial v recreational game of tennis out for this topic please ? There must be at least 10 other topics on the forum where you can bat the same ball back and forth. This topics about angling and the sea anglers strategy. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by glennk

At least we get to choose our colour of collar :) , well for a limited time, but hell ! who cares about the kids rights......

Couple of thoughts:

If the "evil commercials" have so much power over fisheries (a constant theme of RSA reps) then how come the Scots fleet has been reduced by 60%.

IME that fleet entered into the world of quotas et al with good intentions, because they thought it would do them good at the end of the day; but the screws got turned ever tighter and all the things they wanted to avoid, the management turned into reality. Quotas are now owned by banks and multinationals, fish dependant area councils are finding they have no real control over what happens in water that community assumed was their own.

Hi could you tell me who actually put a value on quota, i thought it was just that an amount of fish allowed to either the boat or person? The fishermen must have started buying and selling Quota as a commodity instead of the fish? Does this mean that the majority of the quota issued has now gone to the big boys instead of it being shared around to them who need it. Why has the quota commodity turned into a megabucks industry.

Is it much the same as the football industry, totally overpriced?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Could we not leave the commercial v recreational game of tennis out for this topic please ? There must be at least 10 other topics on the forum where you can bat the same ball back and forth. This topics about angling and the sea anglers strategy. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hello Glen

As rsa stategy is to take over stocks and displace inshore commercial fishermen what you ask is not possible

I fish to live and live to fish.

Surely whilst we try to get the message out about the sea anglers strategy to sea anglers you can have the argument, (of who owns the sea, who has too much quota, too little quota), eslewhere. This is a serious matter about angling and should remain about angling and not descend into the commercial v recreational debates which can be found in almost every other topic on here. Your an angler Wurzel or so I'm told so why not approach the topic as an angler.

I for one want this shite blown out the water, I dont want an anglers strategy or a 20 year plan and in a conversation over the phone the other day I actually admitted you were right about something (not an everyday occurrence believe me) - DEFRA are in dyer need of something to manage.

Surely whilst we try to get the message out about the sea anglers strategy to sea anglers you can have the argument, (of who owns the sea, who has too much quota, too little quota), eslewhere. This is a serious matter about angling and should remain about angling and not descend into the commercial v recreational debates which can be found in almost every other topic on here. Your an angler Wurzel or so I'm told so why not approach the topic as an angler.

I for one want this shite blown out the water, I dont want an anglers strategy or a 20 year plan and in a conversation over the phone the other day I actually admitted you were right about something (not an everyday occurrence believe me) - DEFRA are in dyer need of something to manage.

Hi glen

I might be wrong? but before any of this strategy mullarky gets passed one way or another has'nt the public got to be asked in some sort of consultation process? you will have your chance like the rest of us whether or not we would like to blow it out of the water? as for wurzel being an angler? well i suppose he may well be he has said he likes a bit of tench and chub fishing (or others have said that on here,) but that is not why he comes on this forum as you probably know glen, he is here purely on the commercial side of things just like the way they run the sfc's realy, cheers..........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I heard he has another side to him which is a mile away from his commercial thoughts.

Yes we will have a chance to have a say on the strategy but by then the whole thing will be a foregone conclusion. Noboddy asked for a strategy and noboddy asked the nfsa to start including items in there that would increase their levels of profit. The draft is crap and has been drafted by people who know **** all about fishing and represent less than a handfull of anglers. It should have been blown out the water before it even began.

Hi glen

I might be wrong? but before any of this strategy mullarky gets passed one way or another has'nt the public got to be asked in some sort of consultation process? you will have your chance like the rest of us whether or not we would like to blow it out of the water? as for wurzel being an angler? well i suppose he may well be he has said he likes a bit of tench and chub fishing (or others have said that on here,) but that is not why he comes on this forum as you probably know glen, he is here purely on the commercial side of things just like the way they run the sfc's realy, cheers..........

Hi stavey

QUOTE/ some sort of consultation process?

DEFRA does what it wants to do and takes no notice of anyone else, it has its own agender.

DEFRAS consultation process only makes it appear as though they have taken everybodies point of veiw into account.

The bass mls increase showed only to cearly that all consultations have a preconceived outcome, and for this reasoning all consultations cannot be trusted and are a waste of time and effort for stakeholders

steve

Quota is not the topic here nor is the commercial fishing industry.

My Strategy as a rsa is to enter into dialogue with all involved with fishing, so i make no apology if in this instance i try to communicate with the commercial sector as oposed to a them and us policy. I believe my strategy as a rsa is better than some on here. Thanks. I hope that in my reply i have updated my reason for posting to this topic.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..