A Recreational Sea Angling Strategy

nick

Once again Glenn I have to remind you that these draft documents are simply the pre-cursor to the document which will be circulated for consultation.

It should be out in the early summer.

There will be a 12 week consultation period.

But you know that because you received an email giving the details this morning.

Why do you believe that DEFRA want to involve 2 million anglers in agreeing the drafts of a document that they intend to publish?

We are fortunate that due to the hard work of several organisations over the past several years RSA now gets some input to these drafts. If this had happened even 5 years ago the first chance for anglers to have any input would have been when the final document comes out. At least this way (please read the joint response) it has been possible to make it very clear that:

The various RSA reps are trying very hard to get the message across. But we will not get it all our own way in this document.

Once it is out for consultation we have a real chance to influence things. Once again it will mean some serious letter writing - contacting MP's Ministers etc Through RSA organisations, clubs associations etc., but most of all as individuals.

Don't forget MP's rely on our support. If we could even get 100,000 anglers to put pen to paper then we may achieve the results that everyone would like to see.

More and bigger fish in the sea - and who knows maybe no licence or bag limits at all. But if there is the usual level of apathy we will get what we get.

I am absolutly sick and tired of hearing the word apathy when it is in relation to rsa. There are many thousands out there who just want to go fishing trust me. Why the .... can they not be left alone to do want they want most and go fishing without being crapped on, that is what is going to happen as and when defra gets it hooks into the rsa.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am absolutly sick and tired of hearing the word apathy when it is in relation to rsa. There are many thousands out there who just want to go fishing trust me. Why the .... can they not be left alone to do want they want most and go fishing without being crapped on, that is what is going to happen as and when defra gets it hooks into the rsa.

Because by not getting involved and not bothering to write to MP's etc when the time comes RSA WILL get crapped on. That is why apathy is a bad thing.

I don't honestly thing it is too much to ask for people to write one letter to their MP to try and preserve what is best about the sport of sea angling (i.e. freedom). But for most people it is just too much effort. That is why we will get screwed by DEFRA.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Because by not getting involved and not bothering to write to MP's etc when the time comes RSA WILL get crapped on. That is why apathy is a bad thing.

I don't honestly thing it is too much to ask for people to write one letter to their MP to try and preserve what is best about the sport of sea angling (i.e. freedom). But for most people it is just too much effort. That is why we will get screwed by DEFRA.

The rsa aspect of sea fishing ain't broke apart from lack of fish so why bother to fix it unless those b...........ds can promise to fix that. If you can say hand on hart they will do that then i would be interested. Apart from that why would they bother unless thay have a hidden adjenda, like making money out of us for example. It stinks.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just received Draft 4. I note that much of Item 5 regarding Angling Controls is still intact and it now Clearly states that a licence is under consideration and Bag limits remain in the equation too.

I must say these are the 2 most important points to me and it looks like little has changed.

Don't know what other people think who have read draft 4 ? Is it Improved ? Is it a fine effort as described by Richard Ferre ?

Am I right in thinking that the angling reps were given 4 hours to respond to draft 4 ? Or have I read that wrong ?

Will sea anglers be given the chance to respond to Draft 4 or will the draft now become The consultation document ?

Following the meeting of the 15th Feb (see http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...Next_Steps.html ) DEFRA revised the draft and circulated it to the attendees to ensure that the attendees were happy that it had been amended in accordance with the points made at the meeting.

The amended draft went out from DEFRA late on Friday evening (2nd March) with a deadline of tomorrow (the following Friday 9th march) for responses.

The attending RSA organisations (SACN/NFSA/BASS) worked to a deadline of this morning to ensure that a combined response could be agreed in time for DEFRA's deadline, and involved their own committees in feeding in input (there simply wasn't time to consult wider, you wouldn't believe the number of hours put in, the number of emails and telephone calls, and revised paperwork flying around that needed to be digested and discussed - I think that the 4 hours you mention is actually the time taken in teleconferencing over 2 days by the RSA organisations involved).

DEFRA will now take on board final comments from the attending organisations, perhaps revise the draft further in light of comments made, ready for presentation to the Inshore Fisheries Working Group at their meeting later this month.

If the IFWG approves the results of the work of their appointed RSA strategy sub group, then that will be sent out for wider consultation in the early summer for a period of 12 weeks when all organisations and individuals with a viewpoint can respond.

It's important to use the intervening time to increase the profile of RSA, and the needs of the sector, to create a climate in which responses from RSA will be looked upon favourably by politicians and decision makers in fishery management.

And it's even more important that when the consultation document is issued, that as many individual anglers and RSA organisations as possible respond with constructive and well argued points, and with good evidence to back them up.

Similarly there must be good responses from anglers a and angling organisations to the Fisheries 2027 Vision consultation, and to the White paper on the Marine Bill which will be published later this month containing proposals for giving the Government powers to charge anglers (and inshore fishermen), apply bag limits to anglers, create Marine Protected Areas, and transform the Sea Fisheries Committess (and a lot else besides!)

ps Glenn, You forgot to add "I am grateful to the 'secretive' SACN for supplying this document to me" :)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

'cos defra going to do ut whether we like it or not

exactly.

Hi nick

QUOTE// and preserve what is best about the sport of sea angling (i.e. freedom).

Us commercials lost our freedom when we joined the commen market, it seems to me that anglers are now going down that same road maybe it is because anglers have brought attendion to themsevles

steve

Hi nick

QUOTE// and preserve what is best about the sport of sea angling (i.e. freedom).

Us commercials lost our freedom when we joined the commen market, it seems to me that anglers are now going down that same road maybe it is because anglers have brought attendion to themsevles

steve

Blimy Steve Good, that was nearly 110% correct apart from the goverment became aware of the amount of dosh the rsa spend each year and they want more of it.