Withy Pool for Sale

Tell you what, Chris, you sell a few of those rods and reels you're hoarding and you could probably scrape together £1.3m :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Looks like a nice place.

I do wonder about something though. The link is a very informative full page thing with lots of detail about the property and a few photos. Then at the bottom, I read this disclaimer that says, in effect,

All the above information may be totally bogus and if so, even though we published it we are not responsible. Buyer beware.

Fenn Wright, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:

1.They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.

2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Fenn Wright have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.

If the listing agent (who will be paid for doing that) is not responsible for the accuracy of the info, who is?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt - Withy is VERY famous UK water....

C.

It's also VERY small. Has a lot of history but not the big fish that it once had. Ideal for a rich anglers back garden but probably not as a serious big fish water, if you want to make money from it anyway.

Rob.

Newt, the selling agent only tells what they are themselves told, it is up to the buyer to have a proper survey done, but even then, the surveyors will often not test the CH and check under floor for dry rot etc.

I think there is, or soon will be, a requirement for the owners to disclose anything relevant that they know about the property.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I'm saving the extra £700k and pitching for Bluebell...

http://www.sandersonproperty.co.uk/classif...tails&id=23

:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It's also VERY small. Has a lot of history but not the big fish that it once had. Ideal for a rich anglers back garden but probably not as a serious big fish water, if you want to make money from it anyway.

Rob.

Certainly not a rich man's back garden. It is very much on the side of the busy road from Hitchin to Bedford and when I lived in the UK the house was very much a very grotty tansport caff. I used to know it well because the fishery used to be controlled by Hitchin AC for whom I was treasurer. So not only did I fish the lake regularly I used to go into the "house" frequently to pick up the money for day tickets that had been sold. The property was then owned by a guy whose name was Maylin. The building was known as the "Pool Cafe" and the lake was known as "Maylin's Pool"

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Newt, the selling agent only tells what they are themselves told, it is up to the buyer to have a proper survey done, but even then, the surveyors will often not test the CH and check under floor for dry rot etc.

I think there is, or soon will be, a requirement for the owners to disclose anything relevant that they know about the property.

Ah - that explains it then. I had assumed the onus would be on the seller and seller's agent to disclose known issues. Thanks for the explanation.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President