Withy Pool for Sale

Certainly not a rich man's back garden. It is very much on the side of the busy road from Hitchin to Bedford and when I lived in the UK the house was very much a very grotty tansport caff. I used to know it well because the fishery used to be controlled by Hitchin AC for whom I was treasurer. So not only did I fish the lake regularly I used to go into the "house" frequently to pick up the money for day tickets that had been sold. The property was then owned by a guy whose name was Maylin. The building was known as the "Pool Cafe" and the lake was known as "Maylin's Pool"

Yep I'm fully aware of the places history - it's about 4 miles from my house and I fished it for a season. I also acted as an 'on call' photographer for the following season, since I am so close.

My point was that it really is too small for a syndicate water, at least one that can make money. They were charging a grand (£1000, newt) for a season and had big trouble filling the places. It was ideal whilst Kevin was there and it was literally his own back garden pond, which made some extra money in fishing rights. I suspect his ex can no longer be bothered running the place hence trying to sell it off, again.

Rob.

Given the cost of Real Estate in the UK, is that a bad price for what's on offer even assuming the fishing will be purely a bonus for the owner and not leased or otherwise run for profit?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Given the cost of Real Estate in the UK, is that a bad price for what's on offer even assuming the fishing will be purely a bonus for the owner and not leased or otherwise run for profit?

To be honest I'd say that is a good price. A house in those sort of grounds and that location with swimming pool would probably be getting on for 3/4 - 1 M or more and the lake obviously adds in even more. I would however be extremely suprised if the lake is that big, you can cast across it to the far bank from pretty much anywhere on the lake.

Rob.