fly line

butiaboy

why is fly line so expensive :o i have seen it on sale for around £30 on average is it to keep less well off people out of the sport

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

why is fly line so expensive :o i have seen it on sale for around £30 on average is it to keep less well off people out of the sport

Search the Mullarkey's website here for their range of modestly priced fly lines! Also look at Mill ends on the same website.

Of course you could ask the same question of Fly rods reels etc and not just fly tackle just about anything you care to think of {petrol??]

Colin

Just hunt around.Look on ebay,for Redditch lines-none available right at this time though.They are excellent at around £7,very very little to no memory and very supple.Worcestershire lines by Shakespeare are excellent too with pretty well zero memory,can get those for around £11-£12 unboxed with two braided loops,there were a few on ebay a while back or take a look on www.compleatefisher.co.uk,guy on there called Pitsford Pirate will sort you out.Steer well away from Airflo floaters,they are pants.Masterline 'debut' lines are ok,bit of memory in the cold weather,otherwise not bad,with backing attached,can get those for around £18,again just hunt around or try,www.firstackle.co.uk,post free with them.

Hope of some help

Fly lines do not have to be expensive, try John Norris mill ends for as little as £4.00 a time At those prices you can afford to replace lines if not every season at least every other one. The price belies the quality. Give it a go ! Not a lot to loose

It's all about how much "memory" a line has. That's to say, some lines when stored on the reel for a while, come off in loops when cast. The first drawback with this is that you cast shorter distances, and the second is that it disturbs the water more when retrieved, if fished on the top. But there are easy ways to avoid this. One is to take the line off when returning from a trip and hang it in big loops so that that doesn't occur, or alternatively, if you're a lazy sod like me, strip the line off a few hours before going fishing, lay it in warm water for a bit to clean and soften it, and the stretch it between two trees/post or whatever for a couple of hours. This will remove the loops and Bob's yer uncle. But as the other guys have said...they don't need to be expensive if you know where to look!

Tight lines..Moggy

i know a man who can do you a Shakespeare worschester line/s for £12.50 but hes on another forum and im not to sure i could post the forum name, and i cant seem to pm you.they are good lines "new" but without the box, ive had mine for over a year now , 4 of them and still going strong :thumbs:

Loopy, your PM's will work after 15 posts. Feel free to post the link - it's an answer to a question and I'm not one who's paranoid about 'competition' :)

Also, http://www.tacklebargain.com/ do a lot of cheap fly lines.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i know a man who can do you a Shakespeare worschester line/s for £12.50 but hes on another forum and im not to sure i could post the forum name, and i cant seem to pm you.they are good lines "new" but without the box, ive had mine for over a year now , 4 of them and still going strong :thumbs:

Loopy, are you talking about the Pirate ? If so I cannot reccomend him highly enough.

Great lines at great prices.

I wont steal your thunder though, you can post the link to him.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

Loopy, are you talking about the Pirate ? If so I cannot reccomend him highly enough.

Great lines at great prices.

I wont steal your thunder though, you can post the link to him.

Dave

Yup,go with p/p,top man :thumbs: