Cordless hoovers

Some are good while others really aren't worth the trouble. This is one area where you really need to do some research before purchasing. I would suggest only considering those using a lithium ion battery and offering a pair of batteries with the purchase.

Not sure about UK availability but we recently bought an actual Hoover cordless hoover and really like it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Tench,

Don't even consider anything less than 18 volt. I agree with Newt - I doubt price equals quality yet in this technology. We've looked but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Phone

The Hoover models don't seem to be available in Europe and I see lots of unhappy campers moaning about the Dyson only having a 15 minute battery life. The VAX option gets pretty mixed reviews too (not enough power etc) but is on offer at the moment.

No back-up battery but the Morphy Richards does seem to have more positive reviews than the other options.

Personally, I'll stick to my Karcher corded vacuum. The only "problem" with it is that it's so powerful that everything from coins to socks are fair game - although I doubt they are still available thanks to the Euro-ninnies.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Morphy Richards

• 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner - for cleaning versatility, no matter what the task at hand. Upright mode for quick pick ups. Hand-held mode for a portable solution for those hard to reach areas.

• Daily cleaning solution - a lightweight solution for every day clean ups, ideal for dry spills in the kitchen or a quick clean of the stairs and walkways

• Use as a cordless upright vacuum cleaner for quick, daily pick ups and also as a handheld cleaner which is ideal for getting in those hard to reach areas.

• Cordless cleaning in both handheld and upright mode with a 20 min run time- no restrictions of a cable for a truly flexible cleaning solution.

Light duty, short battery life, 14v, no mention of what type of battery. Probably great for spot cleaning but probably not up to being the main cleaning device.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

We've looked but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I just love the idea of a Yank that hasn't pulled the trigger. :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

We chucked a perfectly good mains hoover away that worked fine for 30 years but was battered and bent ,its replacements last approx 15 months (two vax's in 12 months)and the motor burns out ,heaven knows what you do with cordless ones i have no doubt the batteries are of unusual build and not on the market long enough to have spares when they start shorting out and refuse to charge fully

I always wonder how much and how many fridges we might have gone through if we hadnt bought the one we have in 1974 ,it was nearly 20 years old then !

The kirby we replaced our battered hoover with in the first instance literally fell apart ,i dont know why yanks put up with expensive but badly made goods ,i dont know why we put up with shoddy chinese crap either but try telling the importers they are expected to last longer than the warrenty ,we have a strange thing in the uk where 6 years could be the expected life of a product ,going by our fridge it should be far longer i would expect stuff made recently to be better and outlast stuff made 5 decades ago!

As for dysons look at the piles of them in council dumps

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I always wonder how much and how many fridges we might have gone through if we hadnt bought the one we have in 1974 ,it was nearly 20 years old then !

We moved into this house in 1963, and the fridge we installed (English Electric) is still cooling my Fosters and providing ice cubes for Norma's Pimms to this day

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...