2007 Mullet Season

Matt Baldwin

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leon could you email me the picture with paul jennings please to baldm003@medway.org.uk.

i'm already on a few scouting sessions to gillingham pier/sun pier on the flood tides. but nothing yet.

Hia's All

leon could you email me the picture with paul jennings please to baldm003@medway.org.uk.

Hi Matt,

No, I don't have a jpeg, just a link to the Flickr site where Paul has loaded it.

If you intend to use the picture, you would need to get Paul's permission.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Matt

Where were they seen?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• 3 weeks later...

Went out this week and saw a few mullet about but none were playing ball I am afraid? Alot of thin lips as well! Prehaps with this warmer weather things will get better! Off to spain for some real mullet action again so I will let you all know how I got on! Took at least 60 mullet last time in 5 days! Its just like mullet heaven over there!

There have been quite a few mulet sighted here down the cliff marks. Some big ones as well but they are playing the normal game of ignoring everything except the groundbait and the lime on the rocks etc.

I have seen large shoals of smaller fish in the marinas as well feeding off the mud etc.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

In the last few days I have seen 2 large shoals of small mullet up the Hayle estuary....I think they are goldies.

On the promenade in Penzance I saw a shoal of approx 100 greys feeding of the the brown algae. Some really

nice ones in amongst them....thick across the back....probably up near the 4-5lb mark.

A lot showing in Newlyn and Penzance harbours but all very pre occupied on the algae. This warm weather could

well trigger a feeding spell so I for one will be out for a few sessions soon. :)