2007 Mullet Season

Matt Baldwin

Just returned from the Costa Del Sol & caught over 60 mullet in a 7 day trip! Didn't get anything massive but most where averaging 4lb and we had 2 fish at 6.5lbs!

Just about mulleted out now! But it wont be long before I will be hitting our english greys again soon!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from the Costa Del Sol & caught over 60 mullet in a 7 day trip! Didn't get anything massive but most where averaging 4lb and we had 2 fish at 6.5lbs!

Just about mulleted out now! But it wont be long before I will be hitting our english greys again soon!

:clap2: Don't rub it in, I've not wet a line for mullet yet and I've seen some biggies, bank holiday weekend is looking good. :clap2:

Nice One Andrew :)

Here in Paphos, I've seen a few mullet come in.

THE method is to cast out a piece of floating breadflake, about 6ft from a controller float, attach a bell to the rod and sit down to a game of chess with other mullet anglers.

When the bell goes, the fish is wound in, dropped into a plastic bag and left to flap around whilst the angler rebaits, recasts and goes back to playing chess.

Just the odd fish coming in and not of any great size.

(Fortunately I've not bought a rod with me, otherwise the temptation to show just how mullet can be caught might have proved too great, to the future detriment of local mullet stocks)

But I'm itching to get back to the Medway now :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Nice One Andrew :)

Here in Paphos, I've seen a few mullet come in.

THE method is to cast out a piece of floating breadflake, about 6ft from a controller float, attach a bell to the rod and sit down to a game of chess with other mullet anglers.

When the bell goes, the fish is wound in, dropped into a plastic bag and left to flap around whilst the angler rebaits, recasts and goes back to playing chess.

Just the odd fish coming in and not of any great size.

(Fortunately I've not bought a rod with me, otherwise the temptation to show just how mullet can be caught might have proved too great, to the future detriment of local mullet stocks)

But I'm itching to get back to the Medway now :)

Hi leon

It is a good job you did'nt take any mullet gear, as the saying goes the greeks dont want no freaks :lol: well thats how they would look at it, wait a minute paphos is cyprus i think? whatever cheers...........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi leon

It is a good job you did'nt take any mullet gear, as the saying goes the greeks dont want no freaks :lol: well thats how they would look at it, wait a minute paphos is cyprus i think? whatever cheers...........

:clap2: Cyprus still has a lot of greeks, the turks didn't kill all of them. :clap2:

havn't had a mullet trip this year :(

no time to at the mo.

hopeing to get out either this sunday after football or spend an evening and defo the whole day after them in the medway next friday.

anyone around?

Matt

Hia's All

post-11674-1178016250_thumb.jpgWell at last, they are back... They seem hungry and are feeding readily on the bread bag. At this moment about 10 fish up to 4lb are mopping up every crumb that they can knock loose. I guess its time to unlimber the tackle and get stuck in.

Fished last Sundays rising tide. Landed one Bass ( 1lb'ish ) and lost two Mullet. The first slipped the hook ( 3 lbs'ish ), the 2nd was on for 10 mins or so but managed to cut the hooklength against the structure ( 5lb'ish ).

Looks like a trip next weekend is required!

Andrew Boyd

great pic mare.

where are you from kjp?

My bread bag is hung on a pontoon in Southampton docks, on the River Itchen side. I work on the waterside and feed every day. Ifish for them after work in the evenings, had my first of the season yesterday evening, only about a pound but a start.