New C-Tug

Prowler

i have the old c-tug not a bad setup,but the strap is not the best,looks like they have realised that and changed the design.

I forgot to mention that if you put the strap on according to their instructions, then you do lose a bit of purchase and it is a bit awkward cos you are trying to pull on the strap which is underneath which is no bloody good.

If you still got the original instructions then put it on according to their plans, BUT when it comes to the 'Strapping A Boat To Your C-TUG' bit - reverse strap 1 so it comes up under the buckle. Hard to explain, but when you look at it it will explain itself. You want to get the strap to get tighter when you close the latch on the buckle. It also means you are pulling tight with the purchase part of the strap on the top.

It is much easier all round.

I deserve a pat.

B)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only the strap that was putting me off buying one of these so I thought i'd wait to see if this one was out.

"The c tug looks great, are your new boots gonna match please tell me they are not "them" boots, my heart couldn't take it "

Lol no, went down to the iron stores today to check out their new delivery of yaks, the P13 in sunrise (made in NZ) nearly came home with me, but the missus wouldnt appreciate it if I strapped a Yak to her Mini LOL :thumbs:

Edited by Prowler

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

hi Dave ,

looks like i'll be up in the next few weeks , spoke to Nifty in the week and he might tag along as well. Plaice if the weathers good , Pike if not :thumbs: Just got to work out some cover at work and i'll pm you!

Hi Martin :thumbs:

Was just telling someone that my disvovery is now in the big scrappy in the sky! so let me know asap if you can make it and I will see what I can arrange with the misses (should be ok though) :thumbs:

The difference between the FPO and a terrorist? ~~~~~ You can negotiate with a terrorist! :clap:

Just kidding sweetest in case you are watching! :black_eye: he he

SDD~~~~ :sun:

I forgot to mention that if you put the strap on according to their instructions, then you do lose a bit of purchase and it is a bit awkward cos you are trying to pull on the strap which is underneath which is no bloody good.

If you still got the original instructions then put it on according to their plans, BUT when it comes to the 'Strapping A Boat To Your C-TUG' bit - reverse strap 1 so it comes up under the buckle. Hard to explain, but when you look at it it will explain itself. You want to get the strap to get tighter when you close the latch on the buckle. It also means you are pulling tight with the purchase part of the strap on the top.

It is much easier all round.

I deserve a pat.

B)

Here ya go! :thumbs:

post-6361-1174137596_thumb.jpg

It's only the strap that was putting me off buying one of these so I thought i'd wait to see if this one was out.

"The c tug looks great, are your new boots gonna match please tell me they are not "them" boots, my heart couldn't take it "

Lol no, went down to the iron stores today to check out their new delivery of yaks, the P13 in sunrise (made in NZ) nearly came home with me, but the missus wouldnt appreciate it if I strapped a Yak to her Mini LOL :thumbs:

Ha ha, wouldn't go in the boot then? :lol: Anyway, you don't neeeeeed a P13 with that beautiful (and may I say "stable" ) 15 of yours, but then again, like I keep telling Steph, it's not about need, its about WANT :thumbs:

SDD~~~ :sun:

I WAS WRONG!!!

<_<<_<<_<<_<

I tried my new strap technique today when I wanted to bounce the Dorado down a track. Worked fine in the backyard, but because you reverse the load on the closure part of the buckle it doesn't handle the tension and comes undone!!!

You take that pat back Seadoo and replace it with a kick!

:yucky:

This does make me conclude that the strap arrangement on the C-TUG is a bit crap. In all other respects she's orright.

:)

gotta amend my last statement cos the C-TUG and I are getting used to each other. The strap on it is not a bit crap after all. It works just fine.

Still can't find out what the improvements are to it. No update on their site. I've also figured out a way to keep the trolley part of the cart minus the wheels on the Dorado and use it as a secure anchor point on the back of the ute. That way I can roll the beast up and on/off with ease.

gotta amend my last statement cos the C-TUG and I are getting used to each other. The strap on it is not a bit crap after all. It works just fine.

Still can't find out what the improvements are to it. No update on their site. I've also figured out a way to keep the trolley part of the cart minus the wheels on the Dorado and use it as a secure anchor point on the back of the ute. That way I can roll the beast up and on/off with ease.

I decided to email Johnsons Outdoors. Here is the reply

The orange one will be identical in design to the green one…more visible colour-wise & a bit of branding will be the only changes.

I think the confusion over a ‘new’ model came when our PR agency email-shotted the various sites & mags with the new picture – we didn’t do this with the green one last year as it arrived very late (June) in the season.

Apologies for any confusion!

Best regards

Andrew

Andrew Dron

Cobra Tourer

OK Scupper Pro

Dorset