New C-Tug

Prowler

Stop it guys i'm drooling..............Dave I think were going to be heading up your way this year for a little break (well talk about it when ya over), I dont suppose there's anywhere around there that hires out yaks?, failing that i'll take mine and we will drive up (now now Steph, ooh heck) :headhurt:

Don't give her any ammunition Bud!!!

Would be fantastic if you can make a trip (visit some of them places in the books) :thumbs: Not sure about hire places for fishing yaks but will check and let ya know!. Not long now till we are setting foot on gods holy land :clap2: Gonna have a try tomorrow here to see whats about (listening to small fishing boats catching all sorts at the moment!) Will let you know how I do! (fell out last trip.....dohhhh!)

29 get ups to go :clap2::clap2::clap2:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i baught the original C-Tug last summer, had problems getting the strap tight enough! think i solved the problem by attatching a ratchet thing to tighten it up :)

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

Yeah, the strap is a real pain - especially if you have to lift the yak slightly to negotiate a tight corner, as I have to on the way out of the garden and in again. The strap goes loose, your centre of gravity goes tits-up and the wheels end up out of centre from the hull. I'm thinking of getting a fastex quick release strap or another ladder lock instead of that damned stupid buckle on there at the moment.

And the stand bit came off and disappeared on my first trip back from the beach. 'Iye tide she come an' she wash eet away!

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Yeah, the strap is a real pain - especially if you have to lift the yak slightly to negotiate a tight corner, as I have to on the way out of the garden and in again. The strap goes loose, your centre of gravity goes tits-up and the wheels end up out of centre from the hull. I'm thinking of getting a fastex quick release strap or another ladder lock instead of that damned stupid buckle on there at the moment.

And the stand bit came off and disappeared on my first trip back from the beach. 'Iye tide she come an' she wash eet away!

i took the stand thing off, first think i did, i found it was getting in the way more than it helped! not even sure where it is now! i used to have to get it from the back garden to the front, but after some negotiation... dads let me keep it in the front garden! :D

last time used the C-Tug on the beach, it hit a rock, i carried on with the kayak and the wheels feel off and it made a bang on the rocks! :( i got the ratchet after that!

another thing that i get is the squeeky wheels, it can get annoying after while! and it can be a pain trying to get the wheels on the kayak, i just havnt found the 'nack' yet! jb :)

Wilderness systems Tarpon 120 :)

Did you both have the strap instructions leaflet bundled with your trolley?

The strap needs to be fed through the buckle a certain way for it to hold. Have had no problems getting it to sit tight.

C-Tug Lacing Instructions

Yeah, I laced it up as it said but the damn thing doesn't tighten enough, and gets some slack when I try to close the buckle up. Having shot a stereo to pieces in my youngers days because it was getting on my nerves with it's irresponsible behaviour I really hope things improve.

Cheers for the link btw.

Edited by Mark Crame

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Yeah, I laced it up as it said but the damn thing doesn't tighten enough, and gets some slack when I try to close the buckle up. Having shot a stereo to pieces in my youngers days because it was getting on my nerves with it's irresponsible behaviour I really hope things improve.

Cheers for the link btw.

got my orange c-tug the other day looked at the plastic clip ,put the strap back in the box and used one of the tiedown straps i already had . should work fine . plastic flexes too much to keep the tension on the strap. had a rifle sling with plastic clips ,that was like a chocolate teapot too. you cannot beat metal clips.

:thumbs:

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ