marine white paper

Hi can someone, Leon? be kind enough to post the link to the marine white paper, i believe that it could be compulsive reading. Cheers. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi can someone, Leon? be kind enough to post the link to the marine white paper, i believe that it could be compulsive reading. Cheers. :thumbs:

Start Here: http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/water/...cy/marine-bill/

Section 7 is worth a read!

You will also find some stories on http://www.sacn.org.uk teasing out some of the detail that should be of interest to sea anglers.

Wurzel might be interested in seeing that maximum fines that SFCs can obtain when prosecuting fisheries offences goes up from a measly 5,000 to 50,000 pounds

And bait digging is going to be regulated by SFCs in future too.

And Oh! Lots of other stuff, such as angling licenses, bag limits, marine protected areas etc (as well as some good stuff too)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Start Here: http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/water/...cy/marine-bill/

Section 7 is worth a read!

You will also find some stories on http://www.sacn.org.uk teasing out some of the detail that should be of interest to sea anglers.

Wurzel might be interested in seeing that maximum fines that SFCs can obtain when prosecuting fisheries offences goes up from a measly 5,000 to 50,000 pounds

And bait digging is going to be regulated by SFCs in future too.

And Oh! Lots of other stuff, such as angling licenses, bag limits, marine protected areas etc (as well as some good stuff too)

Don't tell me you have read it allready Leon? I have read to page forty and me head is caving, don't think i can get to page 176. The most i could get out of the first forty pages was licences, licences.

:headhurt:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Don't tell me you have read it allready Leon? I have read to page forty and me head is caving, don't think i can get to page 176. The most i could get out of the first forty pages was licences, licences.

:headhurt:

Definitely not to be read in a single sitting!

Read the bit on Recreational angling first (page 115 - section 7.105)

Then read the stuff on SFC's (Might as well start at the beginning of section 7 on page 98)

Section 6 all about MPAs etc.

Then look for elephants quietly coming through the letterbox hidden elsewhere :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Definitely not to be read in a single sitting!

Read the bit on Recreational angling first (page 115 - section 7.105)

Then read the stuff on SFC's (Might as well start at the beginning of section 7 on page 98)

Section 6 all about MPAs etc.

Then look for elephants quietly coming through the letterbox hidden elsewhere :)

So you have read it. :blink:

So you have read it. :blink:

Not all, not yet.

Some bits I've read several times (and there seems to be more in there each time you read it!)

Oh! and I was at the launch on Thursday representing SACN

I didn't see any other anglers there, which was a shame because it was a good chance to talk with quite a few people, and ask questions in public. (Though my hand was ignored when Ben Bradshaw was taking questions Grrrr!)

(The talks given, questions asked and answers given will be on DEFRA's website in due course).

Comments on the White Paper have to be in by June 8th.

The Government have undertaken to introduce the Marine Bill within the lifetime of this parliaments, but are not committing to any particular session.

If the Marine Bill is passed, the Government will simply have the powers to bring all of this about, but some things (like licences for sea anglers) will require deeper consultation about all of the specific details before being introduced.

And some stuff can be delivered under existing legislation in preparation for delivery of the full works.

ie, It's intended to change the 'Marine Fisheries Agency' to the 'Marine and Fisheries Agency' with an extended remit by 21st April in anticipation of it being included in the proposed new Marine Management Organisation (MMO)

RNLI Shoreline Member

What are the views of the People who work for the sfc's ? with regard to them having to enforce new rules.

Don't know if we are to meet Leon on the foreshore with his new coat, cap and badges with his walkie talkie without out rod looking for secret bait diggers. :clap2::clap2::clap2: sorry Leon.

Edited by barry luxton

Don't know if we are to meet Leon on the foreshore with his new coat, cap and badges with his walkie talkie without out rod looking for secret bait diggers. :clap2::clap2::clap2: sorry Leon.

I leave that sort of thing to the Fisheries Officers :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

I personally think that some of the most significant bits of the whole bill are 7.19 and 7.20

7.19 We intend the core purpose of SFCs to be the sustainable management of fish stocks in

the marine environment through an ecosystem-based approach. Their focus will remain firmly on fisheries activities and their impact on the marine ecosystem. In particular, SFCs

should:

• sustainably manage fisheries impacts on marine ecosystems, having due regard to a

precautionary approach;

• maintain and, where necessary, actively contribute to the rebuilding of living aquatic

resources and their supporting ecosystems, thereby enabling sustainable exploitation; and

• optimise the social and economic benefits derived from living aquatic resources whilst

ensuring their long-term sustainability.

7.20 We propose duties on SFCs, including those to:

• take timely management action (e.g. to introduce a by-law or other measure) in

pursuance of their core purpose;

• undertake appropriate monitoring and enforcement of fisheries and marine

environmental legislation; and

• collect data relating to fisheries and the impact of fishing activities on the marine

ecosystem consistent with an ecosystem-based approach to fisheries management.

In particular the duty highlighted in bold. (For an explanation of what this means see here)

This sort of duty is very clear and can if needed be brought before the courts to have any SFC that is being lax in it's application given instructions to carry ouit their lawful duty. Something that has been impossible up to now.

So whilst at first reading I am sure many folks are going to find little to praise I think that there are serious teeth hidden in here. Teeth that we (RSA) can make bite!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?