September meeting with Defra?

Steve Coppolo

And it's going to get a lot worse when this lot of toss@rs stuff thier snouts in to what is all said and done, a hobby, we'll be having to go afloat with a clipboard next. If what the rsa lands is subject to the quota allocation we will be in direct conflict with the commercial sector won't we. :D:D:D Your right Steve, more paperwork, still that will keep the armchair managers in work i suppose.

I understand that DEFRA will be contacting stakeholders within the next few days to consult on these EU proposals.

If enacted this could have profound consequences for the Angling Charter Boat sector, as well as private angling boats.

Monitoring of Recreational Fisheries Article 47

a, Recreational fisheries on a vessel in Community waters on a stock subject to a multiannual plan shall be subject to an authorisation for that vessel issued by the flag Member State.

b, Catches in recreational fisheries on stocks subject to a multiannual plan shall be registered by the flag Member State.

c, Catches of species subject to a multiannual plan by recreational fisheries shall be counted against the relevant quotas of the flag Member State. The Member States concerned shall establish a share from such quotas to be used exclusively for the purpose of recreational fisheries.

d, The marketing of catches from a recreational fishery shall be prohibited except for philanthropic purposes.

A copy of the draft regulation can be found at www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/1061/0073688.pdf

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose we'd better start fishing our nuts off to build up that all important track record.

Do you reckon that if I embellish my logbook returns enough, I could make it big as the first Recreational PO?

I could make a killing on the Dover Admiralty selling Mackerel quota:lol:

All jokes aside, any indication as to who'll be profiteering out of this bureaucratic mess?

I suppose we'd better start fishing our nuts off to build up that all important track record.

Do you reckon that if I embellish my logbook returns enough, I could make it big as the first Recreational PO?

I could make a killing on the Dover Admiralty selling Mackerel quota:lol:

All jokes aside, any indication as to who'll be profiteering out of this bureaucratic mess?

Was that where some of the commercial sector cocked up on when they understated and the french went for it big time?

Guessing, the eupratts, with the defra managers a close second. Followed by a new lot of guys who have to police it.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Having recently been told that anglers remove more Bass from the fishery than the commercial fleet, I'll assume that we will soon be getting in excess of 50% of the UK quota.

Same for Cod.

Trouble is, if we choose to C+R any of our catches, throughout the study, it'll not count as a landing and will be given across to the commercial fleet. So best to fish day and night and keep everything that swims, for the duration you'd think.

But

Once we under a quota, if anglers revert back to the status quo and C+R (voluntary and selective) continues to evolve eg. chucking back 3lb Codling, female Smoothies, big Bass etc. our unused quota will likely be redistributed anyway.

Hardly conducive to anglers being custodians of their own share.

Secrecy, Steve. Surely not. Are you suggesting that a handful of people actually knew about all this (RSA quota, logbooks, more research) before a few cut and pastes slipped through the net and into the public domain.

It's a bloody racket.

You're not wrong!

Something Ive mentioned before. Someone i know fishes a local reservoir. Its less than half a mile around it. There are 3 bailiffs and a catch limit of 6. He exceeds it everytime he goes there. No quota system for sea anglers will ever be effective in this country. For christs sake they cant even keep track of a few trawlers fitted with tracking equipment and told when to land. Black fish is still rife all along the north east coast, and Im not quite sure whoose supposed to be policing it but they are fast asleep again.

Let's call her Corrine, eh?

She works on the 1st floor at Defra HQ .... lovely lass.

Nice personality; degree qualified.

Hasn't got a bruddy clue .... I think she read -

http://www.defra.gov.uk/marine/pdf/legisla...env-leaflet.pdf

and a book about a 'Harry Potter' fellah once (more to come, I think).

The trouble we have with all Government Depts today is that they have been 'created' out of an economic boom in which layer upon layer of bureaucracy, which has been totally unnecessary, but used up the budget (which must be spent by 31st March or so ... fer some strange reason).

I have nothing against job creation as part of society's evolutionary process.

I just wish we could fill the positions created (from MPs upwards) who actually know what they're talking about.

No worries ...

I'll be dead soon ...

and I've had bags of fun.

:)

Edited by H.A.

Let's call her Corrine, eh?

She works on the 1st floor at Defra HQ .... lovely lass.

Nice personality; degree qualified.

Hasn't got a bruddy clue .... I think she read -

http://www.defra.gov.uk/marine/pdf/legisla...env-leaflet.pdf

and a book about a 'Harry Potter' fellah once (more to come, I think).

The trouble we have with all Government Depts today is that they have been 'created' out of an economic boom in which layer upon layer of bureaucracy, which has been totally unnecessary, but used up the budget (which must be spent by 31st March or so ... fer some strange reason).

I have nothing against job creation as part of society's evolutionary process.

I just wish we could fill the positions created (from MPs upwards) who actually know what they're talking about.

No worries ...

I'll be dead soon ...

and I've had bags of fun.

:)

Yup that just about sums it up H A apart from the fact that it goes further than that if you add the europrats conglomerate as well. Back into the breech yet again with more 'consultation'. What to do either ignore it or respond. Ain't going to make any difference as these g!ts ain't going away, thier pensions and expences depend on it. Less than 400 responded last time. It might have been enough to get licences deferd but bag limits are still around the top of the list to control the rsa. Sickening.

Edited by barry luxton