Quality trout fishing

Sportsman

Hey Dave glad to hear about the blank! Had a great time in Alaska. Caught a 34lb king salmon and a big ling cod from a kayak. Also fed small rock fish to the the eagles who come crashing down right next to you with their wings spread and talons out! Wow what an experienced. Saw a bear (too close for comfort) and came within about 15m of a wolf (I was also on the kayak and wolf on the shore). Caught crabs, prawns and red snapper, also from the kayak. Waaaaay too much for me to eat. Great time!!! Also saw whales, otters, minx, deer, ect. Definately going back one day! My email is lerouxcraven@yahoo.co.uk. Cheers. Le Roux

Hi LeRoux

Glad you enjoyed yourself, off out fishing while I'm at home slaving over your rod :schmoll:

Well the handle and reel seat are on and I have done the first whippings in green and gold.

I had a bit of a disaster with the first attempt, they were looking good and I put the finish on and left the rod turning in the dryer. Don't know what happened but somehow the rod had fallen out of the dryer and epoxied itself to the bench :huh:

Still, with the help of a hacksaw I managed to salvage most of it. You don't mind a 9' 2 3/4" rod do you?

No, your OK, it cleaned up OK and you would hardly notice :D

I will send you some photos when I get around to it so you can give me your first impressions.

Looking forward to my day on Hanningfield. I was down on Canvey Island a couple of weeks ago on a business trip and almost stopped off for a session, just didn't have time.

Cheers

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LeRoux

Glad you enjoyed yourself, off out fishing while I'm at home slaving over your rod :schmoll:

Well the handle and reel seat are on and I have done the first whippings in green and gold.

I had a bit of a disaster with the first attempt, they were looking good and I put the finish on and left the rod turning in the dryer. Don't know what happened but somehow the rod had fallen out of the dryer and epoxied itself to the bench :huh:

Still, with the help of a hacksaw I managed to salvage most of it. You don't mind a 9' 2 3/4" rod do you?

No, your OK, it cleaned up OK and you would hardly notice :D

I will send you some photos when I get around to it so you can give me your first impressions.

Looking forward to my day on Hanningfield. I was down on Canvey Island a couple of weeks ago on a business trip and almost stopped off for a session, just didn't have time.

Cheers

Dave

Hey Dave

Thanks for the slaving. Guess somebodys gotta do the job while the kids are out playing :lol: Have you got a date for the weekend you're coming to Hanningfield? I've got a girl visiting sometime end of August from Belgium + I'm also going up to Edinburgh second last weekend in August with some friends to see SA play Scotland in the rugby...There's a restaurant on the water next to Hanningfield where we can maybe have breakfast/lunch and maybe a quick pint :drunk: Good luck if you're out fishing this weekend. I recently broke up with the missus so out on the town tonight. So thats definately no fishing for me tomorrow. Cheers :thumbs: